08-30-11 12:42 PM
47 12
tools
    So, who's going naked, and who's casing this fine machine? What are you using?

I bought the OEM leather pouch for when I want to go naked, and then use my desktop charger. I also bought the OEM hardshell which is really nice. Both are excellent, and I'm really impressed with the quality of RIM's cases. The pouch for the torch wasn't half as nice or padded.

Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 03:41 PM
    Purchased an Otterbox Impact series case for mine but it's too nice to hide to I'm currently using the slip case that came with it.
    08-28-11 03:49 PM
    So, who's going naked, and who's casing this fine machine? What are you using?

I bought the OEM leather pouch for when I want to go naked, and then use my desktop charger. I also bought the OEM hardshell which is really nice. Both are excellent, and I'm really impressed with the quality of RIM's cases. The pouch for the torch wasn't half as nice or padded.

Cheers

I was considering doing the exact same thing. Getting the pouch and the hard shell case. So you say they're both good quality? I've been wondering how the OEM hard shell case feels, does it add much thickness to the Berry?

08-28-11 03:51 PM
    OEM pocket pouch for me. This phone is too beautiful to hide in a case!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-28-11 03:53 PM
    She look sexy naked but considering of getting the case and holster combo from Sprint. I know I will drop her sooner or later, glad I have insurance.
    08-28-11 04:04 PM
    I was considering doing the exact same thing. Getting the pouch and the hard shell case. So you say they're both good quality? I've been wondering how the OEM hard shell case feels, does it add much thickness to the Berry?

If you have the hard or soft shell case on, the device won't fit in the pouch or holster.
    08-28-11 04:12 PM
    i got the otterbox commuter and some cheapo tpu case from amazon! im so exited to get this device on wednesday~~~~~
    08-28-11 04:21 PM

The Hardshell is really amazing. Really thin actually, and only weighs 14g. Iys hard on the back with soft rubber on the sides. I think it's the best designed and engineered case I've seen from any manufacturer.

08-28-11 04:29 PM
    I love my Otterbox Commuter case. It makes the phone feel good when holding it.

thewird
    08-28-11 04:38 PM
    If you have the hard or soft shell case on, the device won't fit in the pouch or holster.
    I wouldn't use them both at the same time. Just like having options. Would depend on the situation.

08-28-11 04:48 PM
    Naked all the way! Using the holster.
    08-28-11 04:54 PM
    I ordered the OEM hard shell from amazon for 16 bucks.
    08-29-11 12:31 AM
    I'm currently using the Otterbox Commuter. I used to use just the leather pouch, but everytime I took it out, I was afraid I was going to drop it. I'm also looking into getting a leather case for the 8700 that may hopefully fit the 9900 to provide some extra protection, as well as sleeper magnet functionality.
    08-29-11 12:33 AM
    I just ordered the casemate aluminum case

08-29-11 12:53 AM
    I am waiting to see what cases incipio brings out.....
    ratchetjaw#AC likes this.
    08-29-11 12:57 AM
    I have the hard shell made by rim and the otterbox commuter.. Love the phone naked but I'm a clutz and didn't want to risk it. Hardshell looks the best out of the two but the phone doesn't feel very secure. Like I could shake the phone out of it. Commuter feels solid and doesn't look bad. Going with the commuter for day to day stuff and have the hard shell to change it up a bit. Naked only on special occasions.

08-29-11 01:22 AM
    Caseless for me, it wouldn't be the thinnest blackberry ever if it was in a case or pouch
    08-29-11 01:53 AM
    I use the soft shell for when I'm at the gym and bar, and leather pouch for all the other times.
    08-29-11 02:30 AM
    Caseless for me, it wouldn't be the thinnest blackberry ever if it was in a case or pouch
    Sure it would, it would be the thinnest BlackBerry ever in a case or pouch
    08-29-11 02:35 AM
    I have the Casemate Aluminium case. Fits great and keeps that really nice solid feeling there. You don't lose the build quailty feel with this case. Thin and comes with a screen protector as well.
    08-29-11 02:46 AM
    Anyone know if this will fit in the OEM holster for the original Bold 9000?
    08-29-11 02:55 AM
    Anyone know if this will fit in the OEM holster for the original Bold 9000?
    I tried the Bold 9000 OEM leather pocket pouch, and it is a *very* snug fit. It was very difficult to get the phone out of the case. In other words, don't try it.
    08-29-11 04:42 AM
    I just bought a Official Soft Shell Case today.
    Probably little too late, as my phones got quite a few scratches around it, I had a Silicone Case but it never fit right despite being apparently made for my phone.
    But this one should further protect me from damaging my phone even more.
    I like the Soft Shell Prefer it over Silicone to be honest.
    08-29-11 02:13 PM
    I'm waiting to order until the charging stand appears, but I'll be getting an Otterbox commuter and a gel skin for casual use. Currently I use the holster a lot for work. This is the same system I used with my 9700, and it took care of all my needs...
    08-29-11 04:03 PM
    Unless I can find a case that would fit into any type of holster, then it will have to go nekkid!!!
    08-29-11 04:05 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD