06-20-09 06:51 AM
56 123
tools
    I use the black silicone case officially made by RIM. Got it off Amazon for practically free, and does the job for me anyway. No complaints with it
    ^^ same here, I've always liked the official look of everything I've ever owned. When I bought the storm in the verizon store I was in shock they did not carry one that said BLACKBERRY like the case for the Curve... Went home, looked up amazon.com boom- 45 cents, and like 30 cents shipping. It's very slim, black in color, says blackberry on the back, open face, all buttons usable and all openings open. Fits perfectly.
    06-17-09 05:40 AM
    WHat do you want the case to DO? Style over function? Actual protection?

If you want the best in protection, get an Otterbox.

If you want something to keep it from getting scratched, get a hard case and a screen protector.
    Well, primary concern without the case is if it will be protected. I have not gone case-free since I bought it, but whenever I take the case off I love how slim the phone actually is and how "pretty"

Style is still important- which is why I have the Case Mate hard case that I have- it really is nearly invisible b/c it's grey and black, and it covers well without being bulky. But it's a pain in the neck to remove every night to put on the docking station and for battery pulls.
    06-17-09 05:47 AM
    Naked at home...SENA when out.
    06-17-09 05:53 AM
    Mine is naked and I love it that way. Classy and sexy with no case and screen protector on my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 06:05 AM
    For you "naked" people out there-- do you have a lot of damage/dings/scratches/etc. on your phone from being case-free? Just curious.
    06-17-09 06:43 AM
    Otter Box during the weekends and travel. (Keeps my kids accidental drops from hurting my 'berry)

It's like I have 2 Storms...
    06-17-09 06:53 AM
    Just the packaged leather holster for me. I like admiring it's sexy lines everytime I take it out to play. Also the sleep function is handy for batt life.
    06-17-09 07:33 AM
    My fiance has a pink case around hers but I go without...I like mine better!! But don't tell her that
    06-17-09 08:05 AM
    ^^ same here, I've always liked the official look of everything I've ever owned. When I bought the storm in the verizon store I was in shock they did not carry one that said BLACKBERRY like the case for the Curve... Went home, looked up amazon.com boom- 45 cents, and like 30 cents shipping. It's very slim, black in color, says blackberry on the back, open face, all buttons usable and all openings open. Fits perfectly.
    I thought the same exact thing. I found it quite amusing that Verizon didn't even carry that casing, it was all third party.
    06-17-09 08:12 AM
    Definately need some protection for my berry...I have the black and chrome case that is made to look like the storm itself and i also have the holster to protect the screen.
    06-17-09 08:15 AM
    I bought several expensive cases for my storm when I first got it and I hated them all! I then stumbled across a vendor at my local mall that had storm cases for $15. I bought it and it by far has been the best case I have purchased by far. Plus it looks awsome.
    06-17-09 09:04 AM
    I have a few cases, I never leave my bb without one just incase I drop it. Right now I have an Incipio Feather on it =]
    06-17-09 10:35 AM
    For you "naked" people out there-- do you have a lot of damage/dings/scratches/etc. on your phone from being case-free? Just curious.
    No, not at all really. I accidentally dropped mine while getting out of the car a few months ago, and that left a few nicks on the bezel, but other than that it's just fine. It's not just this BB either, I've never used a case for any of my other phones and have never had an issue. I also carry mine in my hip pocket pretty much full time, if that makes a difference.
    06-17-09 12:01 PM
    See my sig, dropped it about 3 feet onto pavement and it's the case that saved it
    06-17-09 12:19 PM
    I use a hard clear case when I work. But all other times no case

06-17-09 12:38 PM
    I just use the OEM Silicon case...and a normal Verizon screen protector...so far no dust and no scratches.
    06-17-09 12:44 PM
    I just have the seidio rubber skin

06-17-09 01:19 PM
    i am completly naked no screen protector or case . i do have the incipio feather and the verizon chrome case though . i use one of these when i am doing electrical work.
    06-17-09 01:36 PM
    This all boils down to personal preference - always has, always will. Personally, I prefer to keep my device protected without looking too gaudy (naturally, this means different things to different people and their respective tastes).

I have a Zagg InvisibleShield on the screen and alternate between a Seidio Innocase Surface Extended (for those times when I'm using my extended life battery) and a Case-Mate Signature leather case (which, sadly, doesn't accomodate an extended battery) that I absolutely love.

The Seidio case is pretty "utilitarian" as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't offer much to the device's asthetic appearance but, IMO, does a great job of protecting it.

The Case-Mate (which is what I'm sporting right now) is really a nice, sleek case. The device is easily removed when needing to place it on the charging cradle and there's something to be said for the feel and smell of leather and how it appeals to the senses, though a case like this certainly isn't for everyone.

A viable option from Case-Mate that offers some protection, yet retains at least a little of the 9530's appearence might be:

BlackBerry Storm Naked Case
    Last edited by grgiwoyna; 06-17-09 at 03:24 PM.
    06-17-09 01:51 PM
    I use the OEM horizontal case, it works perfect.
    06-17-09 01:59 PM
    See my sig, dropped it about 3 feet onto pavement and it's the case that saved it
    In what way exactly? Did you drop another Storm from an equal height onto the same surface without a case so determine what impact the case had on the overall damage done to the device?

Just 'cause you dropped it and it's OK, doesn't mean that it would not have if there wasn't a case on it...unless I'm missing something...?
    06-17-09 02:04 PM
    I have a incipio rubber and plastic case. Its a awesome case, I would recommended it to anyone.

06-17-09 02:15 PM
    You guys are awesome. Thank you for all the feedback and the great case suggestions! I owe ya one.
    06-17-09 05:57 PM
    Steer clear of Case-Mate signature leather case. Design is so poor you can't use some of the keys on the keyboard for typing becasuse the case gets in the way. What a waste of $50.
    06-17-09 06:00 PM
    Steer clear of Case-Mate signature leather case. Design is so poor you can't use some of the keys on the keyboard for typing becasuse the case gets in the way. What a waste of $50.
    Difficult to argue this point, but my findings are that this isn't an issue if typing in landscape. The only key I sometimes have issues accessing when typing in portrait is "A" - everything I can get to with relative ease. No issues (for me) accessing any keys in landscape.
    Last edited by grgiwoyna; 06-17-09 at 06:11 PM.
    06-17-09 06:08 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD