06-20-09 06:51 AM
56 123
tools
    Just a quick question for you out there tonight.... Do you use a case with your Storm, or no? And if so, which do you think is best?

I've been using a Case Mate case since I got the Storm, and it's fine, but I have to take it off for my docking station and battery pulls, and am debating going case-free.

Any thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated.

And, as usual, if this is a double post or in the wrong place, feel free to move or it let me know.

Thanks!
    06-16-09 07:41 PM
    I have an Incipio. The silicone one. Occasionally I'll put it on, other times I'll leave it off. Depends on the day. Mines getting quite beat up so I might have to use the case a little more then usual.
    06-16-09 07:43 PM
    No case no screen protector all naked baby. Dropped on carpter hardwood and tossed across a parking lot. Couple scratches on the chrome but like I told my storm.... Chics dig scars

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 07:50 PM
    Case for sure. OtterBox...no better protection for accidental dropping.

Grey
    06-16-09 07:56 PM
    I rock my otterbox defender when I am in a situation where it could get damaged and I use my VAJA case when I am at the hospital or just for everyday use
    06-16-09 08:00 PM
    Incipio feather. Best case I've ever owned. As for the screen protector, go without. Get quickpull, no need to take out battery anymore.
    06-16-09 08:01 PM
    I have something similar to an Otterbox. My poor Storm wouldn't make it through one shift without it.

06-16-09 08:01 PM
    Naked.

Cases just add bulk and don't seem to add protection against stuff that can really break a device--just protection against scratches and surface damage...and I could really care less.

I just think it looks sleeker by itself anyway.
    06-16-09 08:07 PM
    Thanks to everyone who has responded thus far. I like the look of it better without the case, too, but am so worried about breaking the thing- I am a bit of a clutz. I guess that's what I have insurance for, though (Maybe not!)
    06-16-09 08:10 PM
    Thanks to everyone who has responded thus far. I like the look of it better without the case, too, but am so worried about breaking the thing- I am a bit of a clutz. I guess that's what I have insurance for, though (Maybe not!)
    That's just called being a woman

Anything Seidio is sexy and functional
    06-16-09 08:23 PM
    I hate cases, and they always make the phone look so ugly. I don't drop my phones so i'm ok.
    06-16-09 08:26 PM
    OTTER BOX for me!
    06-16-09 08:35 PM
    I am using Seidio Innocase II
    I like it a lot good feel to it
    06-16-09 09:51 PM
    Had a silicone skin but it annoyed me so now case free! Bit risky but so long as I don't drive the ambulance over it it should be good!

06-16-09 10:14 PM
    i have 3 incipio feather cases
    06-16-09 10:22 PM
    We have two Storms at our house. My wife uses a pick silicone case and I have some sort of black and chrome case. I like my case. Although since the colors are similar to the Storm, it kinda looks like it's a Storm on steroids. My wife just stopped using her case in the last few days. She said her case felt sticky now that the heat and humidity have started to kick in for the season.
    06-16-09 10:25 PM
    I have both case and screen protecter but is looks a lot better with case.

06-16-09 10:27 PM
    I have numerous cases I use for my Storm; pink with stars, black with stars, solid red, solid green, purple with white branches, some have butterflies and flowers, others have skulls and rainbows. I use them to accessorize my Storm, to match my nails or clothes. They also add great protection, all of my cases are hard case & snap on, somewhat easy to remove. I've dropped my Storm before and the case took the brunt of the fall, battery popped out and everything, but she was good to go. I recommend eBay.com it's where I get all of my super sexy cases.
    06-16-09 10:34 PM
    I use the black silicone case officially made by RIM. Got it off Amazon for practically free, and does the job for me anyway. No complaints with it
    06-16-09 10:38 PM
    I am using Seidio Innocase II
    I like it a lot good feel to it
    Same.
    Love it.
    06-16-09 10:43 PM
    WHat do you want the case to DO? Style over function? Actual protection?

If you want the best in protection, get an Otterbox.

If you want something to keep it from getting scratched, get a hard case and a screen protector.
    06-16-09 11:28 PM
    I just got a 15 dollar rubber case thingy. The only thing I don't like about it is its hatd to take out of your pocket.

06-16-09 11:42 PM
    The OtterBox Defender is a great way to go for protection. Since I put it on the storm has only left it for cleaning.
    06-17-09 01:31 AM
    Just a quick question for you out there tonight.... Do you use a case with your Storm, or no? And if so, which do you think is best?

I've been using a Case Mate case since I got the Storm, and it's fine, but I have to take it off for my docking station and battery pulls, and am debating going case-free.

Any thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated.

And, as usual, if this is a double post or in the wrong place, feel free to move or it let me know.

Thanks!
    I use the plastic case that Verizon was selling on opening day.... it is LOADED with scratches on the back side..... I suspect that if the case wasn't there all those scratches would be on the back of the Storm?! Going without a case is great cause it fits into pockets/purses and belt holders easier but I hate scratches on my phone.... I usually take the case of a month or two before I plan on getting a new phone... kinda makes waiting less painful....
    06-17-09 05:34 AM
    Case for sure. OtterBox...no better protection for accidental dropping.

Grey
    Yes, yes...and yes!
    06-17-09 05:37 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD