04-09-09 09:00 AM
56 123
tools
    i go with a BSE screen protector and the OEM sleeve that it came with. The sleeve protects the trackball nicely because i always put my blackberry in my pocket. Also be sure to "stretch" out your sleeve so it doesn't squeeze the phone too tightly. I'm able to take the phone out by pinching the sides, as opposed to pulling it out through the blackberry logo and camera section. Its the best of both worlds, protected (in the sleeve) and naked (when its taken out).
    03-23-09 08:01 PM
    nekkid (...no case)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 08:06 PM
    I deliver freight for a living so I have to have a case on mine! If I were to drop it from my semi it would be bad! I rock the innocase and like it! Still shows some of the chrome bezel which coming from a blacked out 8330 its a nice change! I need to find a good screen protector besides the cut to fit ones from bestbuy.
    03-23-09 08:32 PM
    I'm using only a screen protector by brando. But i'm looking for SENA ultra slim case
    03-23-09 08:55 PM
    Doesn't that drain the battery faster?
    I think you're thinking of the OEM sleeve. The OEM silicone skin doesn't affect the battery.
    03-23-09 09:11 PM
    As many have recommended I ordered the Sedio Innocase II and absolutely love it. A bit on the higher end of the cases but you pay for what you get.
    03-25-09 12:39 PM
    I use the silicone by incipio, the dermaSHOT with anti-static. easier to take out of my pockets.
    03-25-09 12:42 PM
    I just ordered my seidio innocase II and I'm anxious to see what all the hype is about
    03-25-09 12:49 PM
    Innocase all the way here! Don't get no better!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 12:52 PM
    the innocase is the best but if your stubborn like me you'll rock it nude! and im on my 3rd bezel
    03-25-09 01:00 PM
    what color bezel? i want a black one badly but nervous about the installation process!!!
    03-25-09 01:39 PM
    He is a silver kind of guy... changing the bezel is not that hard at all.... everyone should be able to do it.... it does void the warranty however

Did you check out my dis-assembly video yet??
    Last edited by ClintRo; 03-25-09 at 01:46 PM.
    03-25-09 01:44 PM
    HAHA yea clint i did. I'm the newb who made the thread asking how to do it then immediately after I found your video and then I got trashed by everyone for posting the thread haha. DOH!
    03-25-09 02:08 PM
    BTW clint, I can obviously tell you're very good with technology, how are you liking .199 so far? I have failed to install it a few times and I am just skeptical about trying to install it again since I've never installed a Beta before. I'm just curious on what you think of it's performance so far?
    03-25-09 02:09 PM
    To be totally honest.....199 is not that much of an improvement in the areas that I use most.... if you are already on a version that you like I would stick with it. You shouldn't have any issues with 199

168 is a good build. You didn't get trashed that bad did you??? LOL
    03-25-09 02:53 PM
    Personally i go with a clear one from ebay for $5 and use a zagg IS for the screen! still get the beauty of the device and screen protection and the price is right for everything!
    03-25-09 03:22 PM
    Even though I destroyed my phone because I had no case. I'll still go with no case =\
    It's often said that the definition of Insanity is "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
    04-07-09 04:59 PM
    Well those people were either clumsy, careless or they just had butterfingers. I've NEVER dropped, damaged, or broken any device that I've ever had.

When you're as careful as me, cases/screen protectors are just wasted money.
    It's just a matter of time... AND... problem is, it's not always in your control...
    04-07-09 05:02 PM
    seido innocase
    04-09-09 03:02 AM
    Varies based on outfit.

*sigh*
    ...Vanity.
    04-09-09 04:33 AM
    What about a clear case that protects the screen, like the one for 8320 curve. that would be cool, who carries one of those?
    I just got one off eBay from Hong Kong. Unfortunately, all that I have found are international from here in US, mostly Hong Kong (obviously, as most accessories will). I also have a BSE on my Curve and another clear case with no screen protection that I got from the mall (lol I couldn't wait a week for the other one. I just had to see how tight the BSE would be). As it turns out, the clear case with no screen protection is tighter than the one with, but I put all pieces of the BSE except for the sides, for the case's sake. The case with the screen protection, it fits well and no struggle at all to snap it together. It actually looks good. However, since it is still a tight fit, the plastic will stick on the BSE. It does it on the front and back and the screen looks really bad with that sticking effect. So I just cut some clear plastic from the clear case's packaging and it doesn't have that sticking effect. You actually can't tell it's there because of my "acceptable" BSE job lol. I also put a piece on the back just to make it look better. Only thing about the case with screen protection as opposed to the other is that the USB plug can't fit all the way in, but enough to be held somewhat firm and charge. Also, I use the OEM Curve 8320 sleeve I got off eBay as well. I had to stretch it a bit, of course. And, I am in no way affiliated with eBay lol.
    I prefer clear cases because as most others will agree, masking the beauty of a BlackBerry is a vice.
    04-09-09 04:42 AM
    Well those people were either clumsy, careless or they just had butterfingers. I've NEVER dropped, damaged, or broken any device that I've ever had.

When you're as careful as me, cases/screen protectors are just wasted money.
    good for you, but believe me it will happen (not that I'm wishing) but I tend to be on the side of caution most of the time, no matter how careful you are or how paranoid you are, accident happens... just like insurance policy I drive carefully never been in an accident ever, but I have insurance (although required by law)... and I rather have peace of mind than being too careful that I get paranoid and not enjoy the device anymore
    04-09-09 05:04 AM
    Watch, it will happen when you are babying the phone the most. I hate it when that happens. dslrjunky is right--accidents do and will happen.
    04-09-09 05:16 AM
    i have BSE + silicone cover, used silicone cover for like 2days, conducts too much dust, i heard good stuff about inno II, but normal silicone case licks balls, so ATM i have BSE + swivel holster
    04-09-09 05:19 AM
    seido innocases are the best. they have the magnet so it locks the phone when in the holster so it save batt life
    04-09-09 05:39 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD