06-04-09 05:19 AM
62 123
tools
    I prefer no case. I just use Zagg Invisible Shield for protection. Having a case gets annoying when you always have to put them in and out of the case
    Not all of the cases are designed to be removed from.
    04-30-09 01:13 PM
    No case, no nuthin. Mostly in a pocket pouch when not on my desk. If I traveled more I would at least get a screen protector.
    04-30-09 01:30 PM
    No skin (me no likely...) but I do use a leather holster or slip cover. Sometimes I think it's overkill...but I sure didn't yesterday when dropped my beloved in the parking lot of the local Home Depot. Not a scratch. It was a breath taking moment none the less !!
    04-30-09 01:45 PM
    i have my invisible sheild and a silicon case...
    04-30-09 02:19 PM
    i rock mine naked with just the screen protector in OEM swivel holster
    04-30-09 04:03 PM
    Get a screen protector. You can get a 3pk off Ebay for around $5 or so. Best money you will spend in protecting your Bold. Cases that coever the screen make the Bold overly bulky.
    Thanks! Yes I did end up buying screen protectors fr ebay.. Also came across eCozip which looks quite nice.. Does anyone have or use this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 08:50 AM
    Cant Go Wrong With The Case-mate Carbon Fiber
    05-27-09 09:04 AM
    No case for all my old BB i had a case and screen protection the bold i just use it as i used the others and so far it seems new like out of the box . Really a solid build BB
    05-27-09 09:09 AM
    I go back and forth. First was an OEM red skin, then a black Otterbox skin, then nothing at all for a few months except for screen protector and my Gonzaga skinit.com skin then most recently a Seidio blue Innocase ... which just cracked this morning. So, back to the red OEM skin for now. Oh and I had a speck clear case that I put on and took right off.
    I may find another skinit.com skin to put on the Bold for a while since I have yet to find a case or skin that I like ... or maybe I'll try out the CaseMate. I dunno. I am OCD so I prefer having a case because I am a klutz and don't want to scratch it up ... at least not before the warranty is up and I can freely swap out housings. Yet I like the feel of the thing without a case. It's a dilemma to be sure.
    05-27-09 01:26 PM
    Old thread but...Zagg screen protector; OtterBox when I'm at work or rough situations, naked and OEM holster other wise. If I had a different job I'd use the OtterBox less often. Betty feels perfect naked in my hands

05-27-09 01:56 PM
    I'm sooooo gay. I dress my phone up every day in a different outfit. LOL sometimes with the leather back, some days with the denim, some days with a hard plastic (5 different colors ^^) and some days with the silicone OEM, and some days with that full body hard rubberized plastic from ebay... I dunno. It's fun
    05-27-09 02:16 PM
    I dress mine up (different wall/theme/case) either daily or every other day. I'm kind of obsessive over certain types of cases, right now I'm using a plain black seidio. before the end of the day I'll be back to my pink cozip. I also have a pink seidio and a silver cozip, a white OEM silicon and a leather pouch I use as well.
    Last edited by TeritaM; 05-27-09 at 02:35 PM.
    05-27-09 02:31 PM
    I dress mine up (different wall/theme/case) either daily or every other day. I'm kind of obsessive over certain types of cases, right now I'm using a plain black seidio. before the end of the day I'll be back to my pink cozip. I also have a pink seidio and a silver cozip, a white OEM silicon and a leather pouch I use as well.
    How do you like the Cozip? I am thinking of getting a couple but coz I have not held it or seen it don't want to commit to a few then not like it.. I too am a little OCD & like dressing up my Bold..

05-28-09 01:24 AM
    Otterbox defender, switching to zagg soon as it arrives

05-28-09 08:16 AM
    I am a new BB & Bold user of 13 days, so haven't done anything yet. I use the holster that came with it only when I wear jeans. I have to look into the screen protection, but am careful not to carry my Bold in a pocket with anything else that would scratch the screen.
    05-28-09 09:45 AM
    I only use the holster that my Bold came with.
    05-28-09 09:46 AM
    Just a screen protector for me...I do have a silicone case that I rarely used, but it feels so much better with out any case and the bold is kinda big already putting a case on it just makes it bigger. Plus any scratches and you can just change the bezel or the battery cover.

05-28-09 09:53 AM
    I keep mine naked with a screen protector.
    05-28-09 10:02 AM
    How do you like the Cozip? I am thinking of getting a couple but coz I have not held it or seen it don't want to commit to a few then not like it.. I too am a little OCD & like dressing up my Bold..

I love my cozip cases. They feel solid but rubbery. I don't think they'll offer the best protection if you're super clumsy, but for basic protection I think they do a pretty good job.
    05-28-09 10:03 AM
    mine is with just a screen protector but recently i got a holster.
    05-28-09 10:38 AM
    it all depends on you really. if you drop your phone so very often maybe you'll be needing one. if you did drop your phone often and you feel that you wouldn't be needing one, that's fine too. it's a matter of preference really. with that i rest my case
    05-28-09 11:28 AM
    I always end up going back to no case... I think I've ended up with buyer's remorse on any smartphone case I've ever bought.

But yeah if you're clumsy definitely use a case.
    05-28-09 12:25 PM
    I find a phone case to be extremely annoying. I've recently have just started to throw my phone around without really caring anymore. I've dropped it quite a few times and it hasn't affected the performance of the phone.
    05-28-09 12:29 PM
    It's particularly bad on devices like the bold because case designers fail in one major regard most of the time...

They negatively impact the primary input methods of the phone (either trackball or keypad).

The keys on the Bold are very close to the edge, you can't have material close to that or close to the trackball without screwing up usage. The Onyx is going to be even worse in this regard...

Not as noticeable on something like a slider.
    05-28-09 12:33 PM
    While I'm at work I use my holster, so in a sense it is naked. Any other time I use the Innocase 360.
    05-28-09 01:35 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD