07-27-09 10:14 PM
31 12
tools
    Would you guys think that a case is really necessary for a curve? I'm currently using the case from AT&T that came with my Berry and it's kept it in pretty good shape, but I sometimes take the phone out of the case and carry the phone only. Would you guys recommend a case at all times or no? I always feel as if the Curve will shatter if I drop it since it's so light and made of a plastic shell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 03:53 PM
    I have never used a case. I dont like them, I dont like the way they feel
    07-26-09 04:03 PM
    I can't stand cases, and I had mine for a year and a half or so. So the answer is: no.

What is even worse than a case? A belt holster.
    07-26-09 04:08 PM
    just get an invisible shield from zagg and your good to go. and don't get a belt holster unless your wearing a suit, because people are likely to make fun of you. unless you don't care about being cool
    07-26-09 04:09 PM
    just get an invisible shield from zagg and your good to go. and don't get a belt holster unless your wearing a suit, because people are likely to make fun of you. unless you don't care about being cool
    Even if he's wearing a suit I will make fun of him. Unless of course he's driving a motorized scooter of some sort. In which case, that trumps the holster for being mocked, and there is plenty material just for that.
    07-26-09 04:13 PM
    what if he has a holster, a scooter, annnd pumas?

:P
    07-26-09 04:14 PM
    Yeah, I don't like cases much either, but I've noticed that the back of the curve gets scratched really easily so I tend to use mine most of the time xD even though I really want to go without it.

07-26-09 04:15 PM
    07-26-09 04:17 PM
    First of all, I'm gonna wear those Pumas tonight, and send you pics.

Second, there are pix in my signature of a Curve with a BSE on it, great product!
    07-26-09 04:18 PM
    lmao

and yes, go for the bse, easy to install, cheap, replaceable, good product.
    07-26-09 04:19 PM
    I hate cases... they always make phones/mp3 players bulkier and uglier.

Why buy a beautiful piece of hardware only to cover it up with a cheap $10-$15 piece of plastic/rubber??

Worst case scenario...it gets scratched up after a couple years and you can replace the entire shell to make it look new all over again. lol
    07-26-09 04:19 PM
    I hate cases... they always make phones/mp3 players bulkier and uglier.

Why buy a beautiful piece of hardware only to cover it up with a cheap $10-$15 piece of plastic/rubber??

Worst case scenario...it gets scratched up after a couple years and you can replace the entire shell to make it look new all over again. lol
    Haha, but after a few years I don't think I'd stick with the Curve 8310. I'd probably upgrade to a different BB by then xP

07-26-09 04:23 PM
    I have never used a case. I dont like them, I dont like the way they feel
    oh my Rachel
    07-26-09 05:32 PM
    Dont dig cases either, but I do have a pouch for mine when I go places!!!
    07-26-09 07:27 PM
    I use the pocket case the phone came with love it.
    07-26-09 07:31 PM
    Usually I use a colorful skin to match my mood or sometimes just the pouch that came with my Curve
    07-26-09 07:40 PM
    I have a bb belt clip case that I use and people don't make fun of me for wearing it. I like it. It came with my world edition and when I traded for my curve I told my friend I'm keeping my case and he said ok.
    07-26-09 07:41 PM
    I like having the case on my 8330. I'm anal about scratches on my phones!!

07-26-09 10:20 PM
    I bought a clear snap-on case from eBay and I love it. It fits snugly and since it's clear plastic, I don't lose the look of the pretty red Curve. It's been quite durable, doesn't break or even snap off when I've dropped the phone. And even though it's tough, it's not bulky. I can still fit the berry in my jeans pocket.

With this case and a screen protector, my Curve stays in great shape.

07-26-09 10:31 PM
    I like having the case on my 8330. I'm anal about scratches on my phones!!

Yeah I'm sort of like that too. Once I find a scratch I always want to avoid them in the future xD. I'm thinking about a skin though.

07-26-09 10:48 PM
    I always keep my phone in my pocket. I had a clear case for about a year. But eventually the case became so scratched it made it difficult to read the screen. Since then I've ditched the case and found that the phone is surprisingly durable. No more cases for me!

07-26-09 11:53 PM
    I have a rubber skin on mine, bit I also bought a holster wich I like also. I can't decide which one I like better. I love how slim and balalnced my 8330 is over my 8350i, but I try not to let it get scratched. Currently I am using the holster.

07-27-09 12:21 AM
    I also have a custom fit screen privacy protector. It took a little time to get used to but it protects the screen from scratches.those are where I hate scratches the most.

07-27-09 12:24 AM
    I just got a black case by Body Glove(24.95), the best 25 bucks I have ever spent. the body glove is matte black with a fine pebble finish. I am not here to pass judgment but offer my opinion. for me the case works great, belt clips look horrible and skins might be ok.
    07-27-09 04:34 PM
    I have a case, scooter, puma's, and a pocket protector.

I find the case to be very good protection, the scooter very economical, the puma's well I just like them, and the pocket protector keeps all my pens and markers right where I need them. When I move out of my parents basement I am going to get an electric car but I am saving money right now for a new computer. My mom says there are a lot of 40 year old still living at home.
    07-27-09 04:49 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD