So I just got a 9930 last week and it's a great phone. I really love how it looks. That being said, I want to protect it against nicks or anything like that. But I don't want a case to cover it up at the same time. Does anyone have any recommendations on a case that doesn't transform how the phone looks or any tips on how to avoid small scratches and nicks?

Thanks
    11-29-11 03:05 PM
    Blackberry Hard Shell Case:
    You might wanna checkout this! Best case I've ever seen. It sort of covers it but it's a good option
    To buy: http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content
    11-29-11 03:32 PM
    The soft skin OEM case is great. I think.... Think it comes in clear. Though after it gets scuffed up it probably will not look all that great.
    11-29-11 03:41 PM
    So I just got a 9930 last week and it's a great phone. I really love how it looks. That being said, I want to protect it against nicks or anything like that. But I don't want a case to cover it up at the same time. Does anyone have any recommendations on a case that doesn't transform how the phone looks or any tips on how to avoid small scratches and nicks?

Thanks
    Well. This is the thing. In order to prevent against nicks and scratches, Your going to have to transform the appearance of the phone to an extent. It's up to you how much you want to do.

I personally recommend the 9900 Hard Shell, It keeps the device nice and slim, keeps the nice tactile response from the buttons, and looks really nice as well, paired with a screen protector, it's pretty much the best protective pair you can get for the 9900, in my opinion. I currently own both the Black and White Hard Shells and use them quite a bit, they're my current favourite, at $22.95, They're a really great option.

The Soft Shell is also a nice option, it's essentially just a TPU case (think a stiffer, slightly thicker silicone, that doesn't attract lint) and still keeps the phone nice and slim, however I've found that you loose a bit of the tactile "clicking" on the buttons with the soft shell, but the soft shell is available in clear, so it's up to you to balance out those two pros and cons. But at $14.95, it's almost worth buying one just to have around.

The brushed aluminum Barely There cases from CaseMate are also really nice, While they offer no shock protection (I've seen them snap in as little as one or two drops) they do look and feel very nice and while they transform the device and it's appearance a tiny bit, It's really in the best was possible. The downside being the exposed top and bottom parts of the case, and the price, CaseMate charge $40 for it, but ShopCrackBerry has it for $24.95 and Amazon has them for as little as $18

Hopefully this has helped.

(P.S - You can also use something like a ZAGG InvisibleShield or a BodyGuardz, but I've found them both pretty difficult to install properly on the 9900/9930, If you really don't want any transformation in terms of the aesthetics of your device, it's likely your best option, but it's not going to give the same scratch protection as a case, and offers zero drop/impact protection, It's also about as expensive to buy as the cases I mentioned above from most retailers.)
    Last edited by xDAKx; 11-29-11 at 04:06 PM.
    11-29-11 04:02 PM
    Thanks everyone!

I will most likely be getting one from here or amazon just in case. Thanks again.
    11-29-11 04:09 PM
    Just get a "Barely There" case, they are really tiny and offer the very minimal protction

If you want protection get the Otterbox Commuter
    11-29-11 04:18 PM
    Like most things, BlackBerry devices are best naked.
    cmillette likes this.
    11-29-11 04:19 PM
    Like most things, BlackBerry devices are best naked.
    +1 cases/skins add bulk. Why bulk up a slim design??
    11-29-11 04:38 PM
    Ive been using the OtterBox Cummunter, great case dosent add too much bulk and still feels good in the hand. It does however cover up the good looks of the Bold though but adds great protection.
    11-29-11 04:48 PM
    Ive been using the OtterBox Cummunter, great case dosent add too much bulk and still feels good in the hand. It does however cover up the good looks of the Bold though but adds great protection.
    +1 for the OB Commuter and add the Seidio Active holster.
    11-29-11 05:41 PM
    Although I do like the Bold with no case, I think I've narrowed it down to the hard shell case or the otterbox. I just don't want it to get marked up. It looks so nice lol
    11-30-11 10:23 AM
    +1 for the OB Commuter and add the Seidio Active holster.
    Like what he said: this combo works great for me. I can leave it in my coat pocket with keys and coins and it's bullet proof
    11-30-11 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD