03-18-09 07:09 PM
26 12
tools
    I just came from iphone land and can't really figure out the best case options for my bold. I want a screen protector and something that doesn't look too gawdy. I really liked the case mate skin with the keyboard protectors but I haven't felt it or anything yet. Just wondering what you are using!
    03-17-09 05:07 PM
    I am loving my OEM(?) silicon skin and CP screen protector. Sometimes I have a bit of trouble getting it into my pocket, but I just love the way it feels..
    03-17-09 05:09 PM
    I have the case mate smart skin. Absolutely love it but.........I also love speaker phone and it has nasty feedback with this case on. The trackball is sunk in deeper and it takes a bit to get used to as well. I got it on ebay for $16. so all in all a good case for a good cost.
    03-17-09 05:27 PM
    I have the Case Mate Smart Skin... I love it. True, as Chicklet mentioned, the trackball is tricky to navigate, but you get used to it.
    03-17-09 05:31 PM
    just ordered the otterbox impact case on ebay for 12 bucks shipped

i heard good things about it
    03-17-09 05:53 PM
    <3 my innocase
    03-17-09 06:19 PM
    I use the OEM, white pouch and full body screen protector.

With the OEM battery cover the phone is hard to take out (especially with the screen protector thickness). But once I switched to the smooth battery cover it comes out easily.
    03-17-09 06:24 PM
    I have started to use a case that everybody here will probably laugh at, but it protects the Bold so well! Its a golla pouch, black with red inside and it protects the phone completely and with no worries about dust or dirt. I just like having something a little different, although I'm sure its not to everyone's taste...

Oh, also there is an extra compartment so I carry a little polishing cloth for the screen lol!
    Last edited by JonnyIreland; 03-17-09 at 06:41 PM.
    03-17-09 06:39 PM
    i have the smart skin. love the feel of the case but I can't see the numbers at night at all (and that sucks when I'm trying to text and drive) and the trackball access takes somee getting used to
    03-17-09 07:00 PM
    Casemate, Privacy Screen Protector and Seidio Innocase Holster.

Great Combo!!

Steve
    03-17-09 09:40 PM
    I use the skin with the seidio carry holster (the one that accommodates the skin) and screen protector. I have double the protection and like it a lot!
    03-17-09 09:44 PM
    The Casemate Privacy Screen Protector is a good option. I use the OEM holster for my Bold.
    03-17-09 09:55 PM
    Seidio Innocase and Seidio screen protector...Used to use Vaja
    03-17-09 09:58 PM
    I have started to use a case that everybody here will probably laugh at, but it protects the Bold so well! Its a golla pouch, black with red inside and it protects the phone completely and with no worries about dust or dirt. I just like having something a little different, although I'm sure its not to everyone's taste...

Oh, also there is an extra compartment so I carry a little polishing cloth for the screen lol!
    I use that same case cause i have a skin on my bold and it fits!
    03-17-09 09:58 PM
    Go check out JReel reviews on case. he has a review on many cases for the bold and it will give you an idea on what the case looks like on the bold. check his youtube channel out at well.
    03-17-09 10:00 PM
    was thinking about getting the casemate but didnt like that it covered the keyboard and didnt like how it made the trackball difficult to use.

i opted for the otterbox impact silicone case.

i bought one for my dad too and he loves it. it has little bumpers on the edges that protect it real good from a drop. you can get it on ebay for about 16 shipped.

All Impact Series cases come with inner coring in the CORNERS. The purpose of this design is simple: Dissipate all force of impact AWAY from whatever device is inside the case!
    03-18-09 01:14 AM
    I have the otterbox defender and impact cases. Defender for when I want to look like I have an old school berry and impact for everything else. The impact is really nice. Only problem with both cases (and any case with silicon) is that the silicon will stretch eventually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 01:43 AM
    Sorry to double post, but the other problem is that silicon attracts dust and makes it difficult to take the phone in and out of a pocket or holster. I haven't tried the casemate case, but it would really suck not to be able to text at night while driving because you can't see the keys.

Otterbox is like an older Land Rover. If you don't get that reference: capable, dependable, indestructible, and not pretty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 01:48 AM
    For the MOST protection i would recomend getting the Case Mate Smart Skin. The Otterbox impact series is nice for good shock absorbent cushioning on the bottom and top of the phone but doesnt come with a screen protector, the case mate does. I'm using the Seidio innocase and love it! I usually switch off to Blackberry skin, but always go back to the Seidio. I'm a pocket type person, so remember to get what fits you.
    03-18-09 02:54 AM
    Go check out JReel reviews on case. he has a review on many cases for the bold and it will give you an idea on what the case looks like on the bold. check his youtube channel out at well.
    Thanks TexasTrainer254, definitely check out my reviews, hope they help out a bit and PM for anything on cases.
    03-18-09 02:55 AM
    Thanks TexasTrainer254, definitely check out my reviews, hope they help out a bit and PM for anything on cases.
    Most of us always refer to you as our "Resident Case Expert" and tell people to contact you with case questions.

Chris
    03-18-09 03:00 AM
    I use the OEM silicone case. LOVE IT!
    03-18-09 06:07 AM
    i just went through 7 cases and did a review:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/pu...eviews-180825/

seems like you are looking for more of a skin type case. there are plenty of cases out there! i suggest to take your time looking. most of the time though, you can't really tell how the case is without trying it. the accessory review forum is a great place though. many people have hands on experiences with pics and vids to help out.
    03-18-09 09:14 AM
    Most of us always refer to you as our "Resident Case Expert" and tell people to contact you with case questions.

Chris
    LOL Nice, yea just check around, Cooliosam did some case reviews also
    03-18-09 03:30 PM
    I have a case mate and it's great.
    03-18-09 05:17 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD