Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that after about a few weeks of use (I think 2?), the color (black) on the edges of my Case-Mate is wearing off. Now it's looking patchy and a bit ragged, time for a new case I suppose. This was my favorite of the following:
    Innocase 1
    Blackberry silicone skin
    Generic eBay silicone skin
    Case-Mate SmartSkin

Any ideas? I won't want an Incipio Feather-like case because I'm a little clumsy and need more protection. Also I really liked the Case-Mate because it covered up the light leak - any other cases like that?
    Thanks,
    -Cyrus
    04-30-09 05:22 PM
    i have the case-mate smart skin haven't had that issue so far.. it was much worse with my previous case the black one from verizon with white logo on the back. The black on that case was like painted on so it started wearing through white everywhere.. This case is good for me..
    04-30-09 05:29 PM
    Have you had it long? Also do you put it in your pocket? I'm thinking its wear from sliding in and out of there.
    04-30-09 05:38 PM
    I have a bunch of Seidio cases. I have the Inno I and Holster and I love it. The rest of the family has the Inn 2 and they also love their cases. I vote for your first choice...The Inno I.
    04-30-09 05:50 PM
    Sorry, let me clarify... I have that Inno 1. Problem is the tabs broke and the corners were wearing.

-Cyrus
    04-30-09 05:53 PM
    Have you had it long? Also do you put it in your pocket? I'm thinking its wear from sliding in and out of there.

i have had it a few weeks...

and yes I put it in and pull it out of my pocket all the time..
    04-30-09 06:51 PM
    i have had it a few weeks...

and yes I put it in and pull it out of my pocket all the time..
    +1... no issues, did you contact Smart Case before "bad mouthing" their product ? :}
    04-30-09 08:36 PM
    I have a Case Mate Smart Skin. I was trying to hold out for the Case Mate Signature leather case. I dropped my phone on the sidewalk one day and even though it wasn't damaged other than a scratch I decided I wanted a case. So I bought the Smart Skin. Its a nice case but it is a little "tacky" going in and pulling out of my pocket. Of course I saw the Signature leather case on Crackberry the very next day after I ordered the Smart Skin. I'm keeping the Smart Skin though. The Signature leather case doesn't cover the top of the phone and the Smart Skin covers it all. My biggest concern is dropping the case and I think the Smart Skin offers good protection.

The Smart Skin was a little slimey when it first came and I kind of wish it still was like that because I was easier going in and coming out of my pocket.
    05-01-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD