Hi All,

I'm wondering how many out there have purchased the Case Mate Smart Skin for their Verizon 8330 and tried to modify it so that they can see the LED light.

I purchased one and I really like it, but the way that the case is configured it covers up most of the LED which makes it difficult to view.

I called Case Mate only to find out that they don't make one specifically for the Verizon 8330 and that's why the LED is not fully viewable. The case still fits great and offers incredible protection, so I'm wondering if anyone has tried using an exacto knife or razor blade to cut a larger viewing area where the LED is. If you have please let me know as I might try this. I'm also e-mailing Case Mate requesting that they start making one for the 8330 as it's a very popular Blackberry.

Also, does the top portion of the case above the screen cover up the light sensor? I'm wondering if that's why my screen is frequently dim, or is that a separate setting in the options menu?

02-16-09 06:40 PM
    I don't personally own one, but having owned many cases for my curve, I think I can help with the light sensor question. I don't think it should have the affect on the sensor. If it was covering the sensor, it would make the screen brighter, as it would think it was dark. Check your brightness settings to ensure they haven't changed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 07:31 PM