I've seen a lot of good reviews about the Case-Mate Smart Skin, so I bought one a few months ago. The case definitely did what it was supposed to do, but I found a couple cons that some people might want to know before spending the $20 on one. I won't reiterate the pros since they are found all over the place, but here are the cons:

First, the skin can slowly stretch over time, especially if you have to do battery pulls. My case stretched about 2-3mm upward over 3 months, removing it once or twice a week, so the speaker grille and LED alert are almost completely covered.

The second con I recently discovered is that since the skin covers the keyboard, it is actually made of a white, semi-translucent material that transmits the keyboard backlight. The skin then gets the black material adhered to it, and etched away over the key symbols. The con to this is that areas of high abrasion (around the trackball, raised edges, corners, etc.) wear away the black coating and you can see the white material underneath.

Because of these two things, I've ceased using the skin. If anyone is considering buying this skin, these might be things to consider.
    07-07-09 05:12 PM
    Good to know... Thanks
    07-07-09 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD