Ok... got some issues...
    I got the Case-Mate skin, I LOVED IT... But.. I just got the leather holster and a cradle for Xmas. So.. I noticed I can't put the Storm in the cradle easy cause the Case-Mate skin is too "grippy"... Then after a few in outs of the holster.. I see the Case Mate skin pulling off the Storms "stock" protector... So I pulled off the case mate and it pulled off both screen guards... What do I do? Looks like you can't use the Case Mate skins with the cradle, makes things too hard to get in and out... I'm out 25 bucks...

hints?
    Ideas?
    Suggestions?
    12-28-08 01:30 AM
    I would just by a protector for the screen to replace the factory one VZW and other stores sell them.
    12-28-08 01:32 AM
    I would just by a protector for the screen to replace the factory one VZW and other stores sell them.
    The one that came on the screen isn't like the store bought ones...
    It's smooth... and THIN... I have one more case mate I am going to try to put on tomorrow... See if the missing stock screen makes things easier..
    12-28-08 01:34 AM
    If that doesnt work see if you can get the stock one from VZW or pretend you are having rebooting issues or something and have them send you a replacement.
    12-28-08 01:36 AM
    getting a replacment phone for no other reason than the stock screen protector(which is really only put on for shipping purposes to begin with)
    is ridiculous....

soulution

buy phantom skins screen protectors
    12-28-08 02:07 AM
    ...or pretend you are having rebooting issues or something and have them send you a replacement.

Or you could be honest and not lie about having a defective phone.

Just a suggestion...
    12-28-08 02:26 AM
    Just a FYI the screen on the storm does not need a protector. I (like most) got suckered into buy a pack of 3 useless screen covers when I first bought my Storm!

The screen is made to withstand scratches, slashes, bangs, etc. I have not had my screen covered in over a month on two different storms and all it takes is a cotton cloth and it's looking brand new again.
    12-28-08 02:34 AM
    Or you could be honest and not lie about having a defective phone.

Just a suggestion...
    So true I was just throwing out ideas wouldnt do it myself I took the factory skin of of mine by the way looks better to me.
    12-28-08 02:40 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that factory screen protector supposed to be removed anyways, if you're putting on a real screen protector?
    12-28-08 03:06 AM
    I bought a screen protector from the VZW store and haven't taken off the stock screen protector but there is a bubble in it, so I'm wondering if the screen protectors I bought are good quality and if I should put one on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 06:20 AM
    when I bought my Curve, the AT&T guy threw in an iPhone screen protector cover. It did have to be cut to fit, but is nice and thick with NO bubbles. the only time my BB will be out of the CaseMate skin is to change the SD Card
    12-28-08 09:04 AM
    The ones verizon sells are junk. They go on easy enough but are not smooth. Yes they are thin, but they aren't strong. First scratch will damage the skin and likely puncture it causing air bubbles to enter in. I agree w DPD the screen is great withstanding scratches ESPECIALLY if you plan to use a case.

12-28-08 09:58 AM
    Isn't there a video out the of somebody taking a knife to the screen wo a scratch! I saw that & was happy to save my money!

12-28-08 10:06 AM
    My first storm had the factory protector on the screen. The kind of thick plactic protector you see on alot of electronics. (gps, puters etc) I never removed it or opened the 3 pack of screen protectors from VZW because the phone was so bad I figured Id just return it.

Anyway on my 2nd Storm now & it did not have that thick easily removable plactic on the screen. It appeared to have a very tight fitting protector on the screen but I couldnt remove it so I figured it was just the screen.

I used it for a week like that & noticed some slight scratches. I couldnt buff them out! So I broke open the VZW protectors & put one on the storm. The VZW protectors scratch easy, they dont allow your finger to move as easily across the screen & they show fingerprints terrible!!!!!

So was there a protector on my screen that I just couldnt remove? and.... what is the best screen protector?
    12-28-08 10:07 AM
    I noticed a small bubble on the screen of my storm when i first got it. Then while i was peeling off those labeled stickers verizon covers the phone with, the stock screen protector peeled off. I just replaced it with a store purchased protector and it works fine.
    12-28-08 10:38 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that factory screen protector supposed to be removed anyways, if you're putting on a real screen protector?
    No... I'm not talking about that one....

After I peeled that ones off, I looked and I seen a small air bubble in the screen... and if you look real close there's a super thin super clean screen guard on it... It's definitely a "Factory" option, NOT Veriz.
    12-28-08 10:57 AM
    Isn't there a video out the of somebody taking a knife to the screen wo a scratch! I saw that & was happy to save my money!

12-28-08 10:58 AM
    I am using BB Bold, using casemate. No problem here.
    12-28-08 11:00 AM
    I got a new new screen protector from handheld.com
    it is twice as thick.
    it goes on pretty easy too. You only get one but it is worth the money
    12-28-08 11:08 AM
    I am using BB Bold, using casemate. No problem here.
    What about holster and cradle?
    12-28-08 11:10 AM
    Well I wasted 20 bucks I see...
    Thanks for the link.
    12-28-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD