Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Otterbox Commuter

17 62.96%
  • Case-Mate POP!

1 3.70%
  • Other

9 33.33%
    Just a quick survey of my peers here... I'm trying to decide between these two cases but I'm having a bit of trouble making up my mind. I like them both but I figured, after watching countless reviews, to ask those of you who have used one or both, what your opinions were? Reviews are fine but I know there are positives and negatives that you need time with an item to discover.
    Thanks in advance all!
    Last edited by dancouver; 11-09-11 at 03:38 PM.
    11-09-11 03:35 PM
    I wouldn't order a case other than the otterbox commuter... Even the oem soft shell case I like significantly less than the commuter.
    dancouver likes this.
    11-09-11 04:34 PM
    The question is does the Case mate have raised edges that allow you to lay it face down without touching the keys or the screen like the OB commuter, love my commuter by the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dancouver likes this.
    11-09-11 08:42 PM
    is it more difficult to press the lock button on top? I have a so so case and it is kind of tricky getting the buttons to respond through the silicone.
    11-09-11 10:53 PM
    I haven't had any difficulty pressing the lock button. And the commuter is a solid case that doesn't add too much bulk. I'd highly recommend it.
    11-09-11 11:28 PM
    otterbox comuter all the way!
    11-09-11 11:28 PM
    read in the other forum ( i think news section) there are some issues with the otterbox commuter for the 9900 leaivng a mark on the phone.

casemate doesnt seem to cover the top and bottoms which sucks. I got a cheap case on ebay instead
    11-09-11 11:43 PM
    read in the other forum ( i think news section) there are some issues with the otterbox commuter for the 9900 leaivng a mark on the phone.

casemate doesnt seem to cover the top and bottoms which sucks. I got a cheap case on ebay instead
    I think you are confusing the Otterbox Defender series case with the Commuter series. I have the Commuter and have not seen this issue at all. The forum posts I saw regarding that were referencing the Defender series case from Otterbox.
    11-10-11 08:24 AM
    I haven't had any difficulty pressing the lock button. And the commuter is a solid case that doesn't add too much bulk. I'd highly recommend it.
    I feel the exact same way. I 100% recommended. I love it and it just fits so well!
    Get it you will enjoy it!

11-10-11 08:29 AM
    Otter comes with a warrenty. Perfect for me when i run parkour.
    11-10-11 08:32 AM
    commuter all the way. had to turn a blind eye to the price but loved it the moment i put it on the berry
    11-10-11 08:43 AM
    The Commuter seems to me like a natural extension of the 9930. It comes with a screen protector and covers all the buttons.
    11-10-11 08:56 AM
    Don't forget the port plugs! No screen protector for me! The natural feel of the TC feels like silk. I couldn't bring myself to put it on after being spoiled.

11-10-11 10:34 AM
    There was an other option... so I would recommend the case-mate barely there with the aluminum back. Great protection, you can access all buttons and ports, and it almost looks like it should be part of the phone (some people I showed it to didn't think there was a case on the device).

OR,

I would get one of the vaja pouches if you want fancy and can spend that kinda money.
    11-10-11 11:32 AM
    Not a big fan of the barely there cases, although I do like the white one, only because it is minimal protection. I don't drop my phone much but my kids do (LOL) and I hear some complain about the raised edge by the bottom of the keyboard, where your thumb rests, because it rubs a bit. Taking back my crummy ROOTs case today and see if they'll let me try on the Otterbox case before I buy it.
    11-10-11 11:39 AM
    Without a doubt, the Commuter. Its one of the more impressive of the series to come from Otterbox.

Damn good case.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-10-11 12:23 PM
    Commuter is the way to go. If you need a holster - get a Seidio ACTIVE holster - Commuter fits perfectly in it.
    11-10-11 01:00 PM
    Otterbox Commuter hands down, the best protection for any mobile device......IMO
    11-13-11 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD