I was just looking through some of the cases because I need a new one, last one got stolen.

So I was seeing if there is anything better then the seidio that I had before.

I'm seeing this Case-Mate naked and it peeked my interest because it has this membrane that looks like it protects the screen while keep itself intack to the rest of the case. Point being, not allowing dust to gather in space around the click screen.

Check out some of the pictures in the cberry store and let me know your thoughts or if you have tried this case yet.
    04-22-09 03:17 PM
    get otter box
    04-22-09 03:19 PM
    Im not getting that bulky defender case. No way jose.
    04-22-09 03:21 PM
    Im not getting that bulky defender case. No way jose.
    yeah looks like it was made for the military
    04-22-09 03:32 PM
    Get the Incipio Fether or Case Mate Barely There. Both of them are the same.
    04-22-09 03:54 PM
    Yeah but the naked has that screen protector included and it looks like its bonded to the clear case body. Which is hot. But I dont know for a fact because it's new and the pictures dont explain all the detail.
    04-22-09 04:01 PM
    This is a bump.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 02:53 PM
    Yea, I just noticed the same thing. I'm a little OCD (twitch twitch), so ever since I replaced my first Storm due to dust issues, I have refused to put the new one in my pocket. It has one of the stupid Verizon rubber cases on it, and believe it or not, I actually cut out a shape from a sheet of laminate and bent the edges, so that it tucks underneathe the crappy Verizon case!

I'm tired of holding the phone everywhere I go, but I refuse to ruin my 500 dollar phone for a slight convenience. I'm surprised there aren't more cases out there that are designed to "fight" the dust issue.

That said, I too noticed the naked case, and I think I agree with you... it looks as if the "electrostatic membrane" covers the whole screen and all the buttons... I'm going to order one right now, it's worth the money to me to check out.
    04-24-09 06:52 AM
    Yea, I just noticed the same thing. I'm a little OCD (twitch twitch), so ever since I replaced my first Storm due to dust issues, I have refused to put the new one in my pocket. It has one of the stupid Verizon rubber cases on it, and believe it or not, I actually cut out a shape from a sheet of laminate and bent the edges, so that it tucks underneathe the crappy Verizon case!

I'm tired of holding the phone everywhere I go, but I refuse to ruin my 500 dollar phone for a slight convenience. I'm surprised there aren't more cases out there that are designed to "fight" the dust issue.

That said, I too noticed the naked case, and I think I agree with you... it looks as if the "electrostatic membrane" covers the whole screen and all the buttons... I'm going to order one right now, it's worth the money to me to check out.
    Why did you pay $500? Got mine for $100.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 07:14 AM
    If you are in Atlanta, Case-Mate has a kiosk in many malls. I saw the Naked case yesterday in Northpointe Mall in Alpharetta. I did not like it. The case in much more bulky than the Barely There. The button holes are very large and dust could still get in and underneath the membrane. The membrane does work but you lose a good bit of sensitivity and typing is tough. This is all my opinion but I did have the case on my phone and walked away glad I did not purchase it online. Others opinions may vary as there are many on here using the Otterbox but I would rather carry a Motorola Pink Razor than have one on my BB.
    04-24-09 07:31 AM
    Haha, I didn't actually pay 500 dollars, but isn't the retail price like 4 and change?
    04-24-09 07:33 AM
    If you are in Atlanta, Case-Mate has a kiosk in many malls. I saw the Naked case yesterday in Northpointe Mall in Alpharetta. I did not like it. The case in much more bulky than the Barely There. The button holes are very large and dust could still get in and underneath the membrane. The membrane does work but you lose a good bit of sensitivity and typing is tough. This is all my opinion but I did have the case on my phone and walked away glad I did not purchase it online. Others opinions may vary as there are many on here using the Otterbox but I would rather carry a Motorola Pink Razor than have one on my BB.
    Thanks so much for some really helpful incite and this is the one problem that I was hoping to get information on. It does look a little bulky. I'm thinking the barely there is something more functional.

I wish I could get more amazing information like this so easily.

Kudos.
    04-24-09 02:08 PM

I second that, Incipio Feather is a really good choice. I recently picked one up and really like it.
    04-24-09 02:35 PM
    Incipio Feather, has better customer service and a lifetime guarantee.
    04-24-09 02:38 PM
    The Seidio innocase is very nice but doesn't have screen/dust protection. I also have the Otterbox defender for the storm and while it offers a great deal of protection, it ruins the beauty of the screen with it's screen protector. The screen protector is contstantly sticking to the screen and making crackling noises. I have used the palm of my hand to add some oil to the screen to prevent the sticking but it doesn't last. I really do not like the Otterbox on the storm. I have been tempted to remove the screen protector and take advantage of the ruggedness of it overall but i really want to try and prevent dust under the screen.
    I ordered the Case-Mate Naked Case......we'll see how that one does.
    04-24-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD