I just received my new Case-Mate FUEL ($60-$80, depending on sale prices) and people are telling me that I sound VERY muffled, bad connection, etc. I tried a "test phone call" to a friend and tried my Tour 9630 with and without the FUEL. There was a very significant difference in sound quality, I was told. Really clear, crisp, "you are right there" with nothing on the Tour, but tin-can muffled with the FUEL in place. Same with the speaker-phone aspect.

Is this a correctable problem or do I need to return this (very expensive) battery-life extender? I purchased it from Crackberry's store after it was promoted as the item of the day (or something like that). Can I return it and, if so, how?

The principle for the FUEL is great, but not at the expense of being able to communicate. I hoped this would work as it was advertised. Anyone else have experience with this?
    Last edited by Atira; 12-07-09 at 07:05 PM. Reason: little face didn't show up; just the address
    12-07-09 07:02 PM
    I just ordered mine today so I will let you know if I have the same problem once I get it. However I only paid $39.99 with free shipping on eBay.
    12-19-09 02:45 PM
    I just ran across the fuel on the case mate website and was wondering is the fuel meant to be used during operation of phone calls and such or just a quick battery recharge?
    12-22-09 05:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD