this looks slick. it on crackberry homepage. how long will the the plastic chrome finish last? that is the major question. i've seen plastic chrome wear pretty quick.
    06-11-09 11:42 AM
    this looks slick. it on crackberry homepage. how long will the the plastic chrome finish last? that is the major question. i've seen plastic chrome wear pretty quick.
    Wondering the same thing...also if they(or any other reputable case maker) has a case in EXTENDED BATTERY size for Seidio 2600 battery. I really like this chrome case...can't find anything though for big battery besides the one from Innocase...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 12:09 PM
    I think that looks cool, too, although I wouldn't purchase one. I don't imagine the finish would be something that would last too long - espeically if under a lot of duress - but who knows?

Regardless, I would think that it might be prone to scratching pretty easily and, because of the mirror finish, I'd imagne that it would need to be wiped down a bit more than normal if it smudges easily. I like to keep mine pretty clean, so I wipe my 9530 pretty routinely anyway, as I think most Storm owners do.
    06-11-09 12:13 PM
    I'm trying to figure out how you can put it on and take it off the phone without cracking the chrome finish. You have to bend the case in the process and it seems like the chrome would at least get "stretch" marks. But, maybe they've found a way to do chrome that is flexible? Only way we'll know is if someone tries it! But it won't be me...I'm not crazy about chrome.
    06-11-09 01:23 PM
    Well considering it's a new product... and no long term test can be ran... I'm guessing the first buyers will be the testers?
    06-11-09 01:25 PM
    Just ordered it and will recieve on tuesday. It also comes with a a mirror screen protecter. wonder how thats going to be.
    06-11-09 01:30 PM
    I am also skeptical about the durability of the finish. I currently have the incipio feather in white, and it's filthy after a couple months and you can't wash it off.

I like the chrome idea, but I'm not gonna waste another $25 for a case that'll only last a couple months before it looks like crap but,
    if 25 people want to send me a dollar, I'll gladly be the official chrome tester.
    06-11-09 02:01 PM
    Although it looks nice I can't imagine what keeping it clean would be like. I'm sure it's gotta suck.

I already get major finger prints and smudges all over my regular screen protector. Having a full chrome phone with screen protector too has gotta be a nightmare lol.
    06-11-09 03:36 PM
    The bak of my ipod is chrome and even with a cover on it gets scratched a lot

Chrome for day to day items such as plastic phones rarely works
    06-11-09 04:14 PM
    Well I have a mirrored screen protector on my phone now and I actually don't see any finger print smudges till the phone is off. I like it a lot better. It does have the screen a slight tint though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 04:34 PM
    Anyone know where I could just pick up the mirrored screen protector and is it scratch proof ???
    06-11-09 08:17 PM
    Chrome looks sharp until you handle it. Then it shows fingerprints galore. That's why so many people put their ipods and iphones in cases. Too much chrome+fingerprints=a grungy looking phone. That's why not many manufacturers make all chrome looking phones. They become really big turnoffs to customers when they are on display and covered in fingerprints. After awhile people don't want to even touch them thinking they are all covered in other people's germs.
    06-11-09 08:49 PM
    i have this case. it fits nice and looks nice, but i seem to lose signal when i have it on the phone. if i am in a suspect area (1 bar) where i would normally be able to use the phone, i am now dropping calls. in fact, i have had the storm since the week after it launched and i had only dropped maybe 5 calls tops. since i put this case on in the past week i have dropped 6 calls. i noticed this and decided to do a test. sure enough when i apply the case i lose at least 1, if not 2 bars of signal. i realize that the bars are not always accurate, but dropping 6 calls in a week when i normally drop none (on my normal routine of work and school) is pretty bad...

i also found a youtube clip of a guy who put this case on his iphone and experience similar results. anyone else?

oh, and to comment on the scratching, fingerprints, and smudging...everyone's speculation is pretty much correct...it smudges and scratches easily. that stuff doesn't bother me though, i'm more concerned about my dropped calls...........................
    06-13-09 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD