01-30-10 12:11 PM
31 12
tools
    I've had the OEM Skin, EPIK case, and now the Otterbox Commuter. I really like the Otterbox but, it gets too linty for my liking so I'm trying to find a better alternative. I found the EPIK case really stiff and almost dropped the phone a couple of times when trying to take it out of the case.

So now I'm debating between the Case-Mate Barely there OR the Seidio Innocase Snap. I was considering the Incipio Feather case but it's not available in Canada so I'm limiting my options to the two.

What are peoples experience and thoughts between the Case-Mate and the Seido.

Cheers.
    01-27-10 10:54 AM
    both cases would be good... how about the innocase II case?? that's the case i'm currently using, i also have the case mate hybrid...
    01-27-10 11:08 AM
    I'm a huge fan of the seidio innocase II. The snap didn't really seem like it protected much to me.
    01-27-10 11:38 AM
    AGree. I really like the Otterbox commuter, but it's get's way too linty for me. I need to get a new case.
    01-27-10 11:42 AM
    both cases would be good... how about the innocase II case?? that's the case i'm currently using, i also have the case mate hybrid...
    I was looking at that but I take the case off every night to put on the OEM charging cradle and I'm worried the wear and tear will loosen the locking mechanism in the long run which is why I'm looking at the one piece design.
    01-27-10 11:44 AM
    Innocase Surface/2 is what i am using. i love it, its the 3rd device that i have used this case on (not this case exactly but you know what i mean).

Look here for my thoughts on the case: http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/se...9700-a-374120/

and if you care lol the 360 as well: http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/in...9700-a-374137/
    01-27-10 11:55 AM
    Innocase Surface/2 is what i am using. i love it, its the 3rd device that i have used this case on (not this case exactly but you know what i mean).

Look here for my thoughts on the case: http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/se...9700-a-374120/

and if you care lol the 360 as well: http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/in...9700-a-374137/
    Thanks, I actually spent a long time researching and reading before I narrowed it down to the Barely there and Snap... At this point I'm liking the Snap since the speaker is not blocked.
    01-27-10 12:00 PM
    I was looking at that but I take the case off every night to put on the OEM charging cradle and I'm worried the wear and tear will loosen the locking mechanism in the long run which is why I'm looking at the one piece design.
    u would think so but i take my case off every few days, this easier then u think
    01-27-10 03:20 PM
    I've had the OEM Skin, EPIK case, and now the Otterbox Commuter. I really like the Otterbox but, it gets too linty for my liking so I'm trying to find a better alternative. I found the EPIK case really stiff and almost dropped the phone a couple of times when trying to take it out of the case.

So now I'm debating between the Case-Mate Barely there OR the Seidio Innocase Snap. I was considering the Incipio Feather case but it's not available in Canada so I'm limiting my options to the two.

What are peoples experience and thoughts between the Case-Mate and the Seido.

Cheers.
    The Incipio Feather can be ordered at GoCellular.ca. They are located in Richmond, BC.

BUT!!!! They are on SERIOUS back order right now.
    01-27-10 03:22 PM
    The Incipio Feather can be ordered at GoCellular.ca. They are located in Richmond, BC.

BUT!!!! They are on SERIOUS back order right now.
    Thanks for the update, I'm not even going to order the Incipio one, I heard they crack and break.
    01-27-10 04:07 PM
    Thanks for the update, I'm not even going to order the Incipio one, I heard they crack and break.
    That's what I heard too.

But you can also order the Barely There and Seidio cases as well. 5% tax! Can't beat it. They also sell the charge pod for cheaper than the CB store.
    01-27-10 04:09 PM
    That's what I heard too.

But you can also order the Barely There and Seidio cases as well. 5% tax! Can't beat it. They also sell the charge pod for cheaper than the CB store.
    Ebay has both for cheaper, the Barely there is $18 CDN shipped and the Seidio SNAP is $20 CDN Shipped. But I might consider the Seidio Charging Dock if they have it, that's If I get the Seidio case.

Thanks for the Link.
    01-27-10 04:14 PM
    I'm a HUGE FAN of the Case Mate Barely There. That, as well as the OEM Black Skin & OEM Pocket Pouch are the only things I use to house my Berry.

I love it because it's got that nice matte finish, and is just as its name states - Barely There. It's not clunky or bulky, and adds a nice touch of "color" to the berry. It lacks in protection factor, for obvious reasons, but I am very careful with my Berry, so that is not an issue.
    01-27-10 05:44 PM
    I'm a HUGE FAN of the Case Mate Barely There. That, as well as the OEM Black Skin & OEM Pocket Pouch are the only things I use to house my Berry.

I love it because it's got that nice matte finish, and is just as its name states - Barely There. It's not clunky or bulky, and adds a nice touch of "color" to the berry. It lacks in protection factor, for obvious reasons, but I am very careful with my Berry, so that is not an issue.
    I completely agree. I have the Barely There in blue, and use BSE skin on the exposed areas. I love this case so much, I'm considering ordering it in other colours too!!
    01-27-10 06:30 PM
    Take a look at the CaseMate Smooth 2 piece case
    01-27-10 06:50 PM
    have had both that the OP spoke of-really not much difference. I do like the variety of colors the barely there has-Im usinfg a neon lime green on my Bold2
    01-27-10 09:40 PM
    have had both that the OP spoke of-really not much difference. I do like the variety of colors the barely there has-Im usinfg a neon lime green on my Bold2
    Thanks..... Just ordered the Barely There one... I found it looked more uniformed and cleaner. Hope it's not cheaply made and breaks easily.
    01-27-10 11:36 PM
    i have barelythere in green colour, have been using it since and its flawless. Just make sure you protect the front with BSE or something, as the case does not protect that area and will still get damaged when you drop it even with a case.
    01-28-10 12:58 AM
    i have barelythere in green colour, have been using it since and its flawless. Just make sure you protect the front with BSE or something, as the case does not protect that area and will still get damaged when you drop it even with a case.
    I already have BSE on the Screen and Top part of the phone. Nothing on the Chrome or bottom cover but I'm not too worried. I just want a case that doesn't collect lint, offers surface protection for scratches and doesn't take away from the appearance and appeal of the device.
    01-28-10 09:28 AM
    I've had the OEM Skin, EPIK case, and now the Otterbox Commuter. I really like the Otterbox but, it gets too linty for my liking so I'm trying to find a better alternative.
    Cheers.
    The linty problem bugs me with the Defender Case too. I was thinking of going over it with a used dryer sheet like you used to on the old CRT screens.
    01-28-10 10:04 AM
    Thanks..... Just ordered the Barely There one... I found it looked more uniformed and cleaner. Hope it's not cheaply made and breaks easily.
    it wont break, its not that hard abs plastic, its got a nice feel to it, and its very flexible
    01-28-10 06:10 PM
    it wont break, its not that hard abs plastic, its got a nice feel to it, and its very flexible
    Ditto . . .I use it under my feather. It makes for a nice safe fit in the hand. It all fits well in the stock holster. I use the Otterbox Defender when I feel I need additional protection.
    01-28-10 06:22 PM
    Ditto . . .I use it under my feather. It makes for a nice safe fit in the hand. It all fits well in the stock holster. I use the Otterbox Defender when I feel I need additional protection.
    thats the main reason I chose it, it does fit in the OEM holster very well.
    01-29-10 07:56 AM
    Sweet! It got shipped yesterday so hopefully I get it soon. I'm rocking the OEM skin right now. Sold the Otterbox Commuter to a buddy of mine already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 09:24 AM
    I got my Barely There delivered yesterday. It is sweet. Exactly what I was looking for in a case. Not too bulky. I slapped on the screen protector and am going to rock it without the holster for a couple days. See how it works out.
    You will not be disappointed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 09:34 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD