Hey everyone. I recently switched from to a torch from my 9550. With my 9550, no matter where I went, I always had great reception. When I bought my torch, I bought a new case mate barely there case to go with it and always noticed that my reception was poor. Turns out the metallic silver case mate case severely interferes with the reception of the phone. If I was sitting at my desk with my phone in my pocket, I would get SOS, if I took it out and put in on my desk, I would get 1 bar. As soon as I took the phone out of the case, it went up to 4-5 bars. I don't know if its a fluke with my case, or if the metallic finish is messing things up, but needless to say, my phone is not defective like I thought it was. Just thought I would pass this along.
    10-27-10 09:16 AM
    Hi, I dont seem to have a problem with my service signal ( case mate barely there) but my wifi signal suffers when the case is on.
    10-27-10 09:22 AM
    I have a friend who has the black barely there case and his is fine. I suspect it has something to do with the chome-coloured plating on my case
    10-27-10 09:57 AM
    case mate silver (not the other ones) is causing some bad reception on mine too. Took it off and it's now back to full bar.
    10-27-10 10:07 AM
    So I emailed case mate and told them my problem, they said that they would exchange my case for another metallic case. I told them that I suspect the new case would cause the exact same problem and asked them if I would be able to exchange it for a black case instead. They said that wasn't their policy. So I guess its time for an otterbox or a mobi.
    10-29-10 03:33 PM
    basically we are stuck with the silver one... sad!
    10-29-10 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD