I installed the Case-Mate clear protector for the 9700 last night. I decided to purchase it because one of my buddies has it on his iPhone and i remember being impressed with its ability to avoid scratching the device. My 8320 saw some rough times which led to 2 screen replacements.. I couldnt let my 9700 take the same path.

Initial thoughts.. What a pain in the A$$$

Good:
    -It is VERY tough. I took some of the extra and stabbed and rubbed at it with my keys and on concrete.. scratching was pretty minimal.
    -The pieces are precisely cut to make installation as easy as possible with maximum coverage.
    -Thin enough to not effect the weight
    -Not noticeable from a foot or so away
    -The kit is thought out pretty well for someone installing it.
    -for $19.99 its cheap protection

"Bad"
    -PITA to install if you have big fingers
    -Not enough "install spray". A small drop of baby shampoo and water will work. Same thing used to tint car windows.
    -The screen or is not "smooth" for those familiar with automotive body work the film gives it an "orange peel" look. Only noticeable if you are closely inspecting with a black background. Other screen protectors do the same thing.
    -The edges of the film picks up lint.

side note.. i don't like the over feel of the device now.. it has a plasticy feel. I may be removing most of the armor minus screen protector.
    11-20-09 09:26 AM
    I installed the Case-Mate clear protector for the 9700 last night. I decided to purchase it because one of my buddies has it on his iPhone and i remember being impressed with its ability to avoid scratching the device. My 8320 saw some rough times which led to 2 screen replacements.. I couldnt let my 9700 take the same path.

Initial thoughts.. What a pain in the A$$$

Good:
    -It is VERY tough. I took some of the extra and stabbed and rubbed at it with my keys and on concrete.. scratching was pretty minimal.
    -The pieces are precisely cut to make installation as easy as possible with maximum coverage.
    -Thin enough to not effect the weight
    -Not noticeable from a foot or so away
    -The kit is thought out pretty well for someone installing it.
    -for $19.99 its cheap protection

"Bad"
    -PITA to install if you have big fingers
    -Not enough "install spray". A small drop of baby shampoo and water will work. Same thing used to tint car windows.
    -The screen or is not "smooth" for those familiar with automotive body work the film gives it an "orange peel" look. Only noticeable if you are closely inspecting with a black background. Other screen protectors do the same thing.
    -The edges of the film picks up lint.

side note.. i don't like the over feel of the device now.. it has a plasticy feel. I may be removing most of the armor minus screen protector.
    Post a pic?
    11-20-09 09:47 AM
    I just ordered a few Invisible Shield's. I'll be sure to post my thoughts of them when it comes.
    11-20-09 10:00 AM
    Sorry at work now only cam is the the phone itself. I'll take one this evening/weekend.
    11-20-09 10:02 AM
    My sister had one of things on her iPhone. I hated the way it felt/looked. The phone also feels "sticky" and the shield starts to peel after a while. Screen protector only should be fine, you could always replace the bezel.
    11-20-09 11:25 AM
    "Sticky" is the right way to put it.. the more I hold it the more I am not liking it.

Trying to let it grow on me but I doubt it at this point.
    11-20-09 01:02 PM
    Whoa thanks a lot ! Rican240sx's !
    for saving my money.. hehe let's go back to the real life ..
    I don't like the fake look.. ^_^
    01-04-10 07:10 PM
    i have the zagg invisishield on my 9700. install was pretty straight forward as well. it does change the feel of the phone as well but i wouldnt say plasticy or sticky. it sort of feels like a solid rubber-ish feel which grew on me more and more. it wont slide off of a counter or slipper table like restaurant tables. it stays putt. the leather piece is also covered by it as well but is cut separate so u dont necessarily have to use that pice if u like the leather feel. i happen to use a silicone cover over it sometimes as well when u know i'll be carrying it in my jeans pocket or coat and have noticed minimal lint being caught in the edges of the invisishield, nothing that couldn't be easily wiped away with a microfiber cloth.
    01-04-10 09:37 PM
    I just ordered a few Invisible Shield's. I'll be sure to post my thoughts of them when it comes.
    Definitely interested in that.. and pics would be cool too.
    01-04-10 09:41 PM
    i prefer just getting a regular case
    01-04-10 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD