I want to explain a problem I'm having with my bold display to see if anyone else has had this issue. My bold display has an area that seems to be darker and circular in shape and is visible when my screen has a white background. I couldn't figure out why but today I noticed that it is directly below the magnet of my horizontal leather case. I'm curious if the magnet might have an effect on the display. Can anyone give me any feedback on this. Thanks.
    03-03-09 09:23 PM
    Only if the magnet is putting pressure on the screen. What case is it?
    03-03-09 09:31 PM
    It's a generic case that came with a starter kit when I bought the bold.
    03-03-09 09:35 PM
    How are you placing the BB on the case? I still have my OEM case and the screen doesn't come into contact with the magnet. The magnet actually rests near the trackball.
    03-03-09 09:41 PM
    My case is horizontal. The magnet sits at the top centre of the display. There is no way to place it any differently. I don't see how I could be putting too much pressure on the case for this to happen. I was just wondering if anybody else is having this problem. I also have the case that came in the box with the bold but I don't like it as much.
    03-03-09 09:51 PM
    I don't think its a pressure problem but more of the magnet changing the polarity of the display. Sorta like what happens when you place a magnet in front of an LCD display. Looks to be a defective design on the placement of the case.
    I'd contact the manufacturer of the case, and discuss what their product has done to your Bold.
    03-03-09 10:04 PM
    I think you're confusing LCD and CRTs...

Also if this were a magnetization issue, there'd be thousands upon thousands of reported issues like this and probably an OEM holster recall.
    03-03-09 10:10 PM
    I probably am, but that's the only thing that I can see that might be causing the issue, based on the fact that he's not using the OEM case.
    Either way, if the case that he's using is what caused the issue with the screen, he should contact them.
    03-03-09 10:21 PM
    I am surprised you not also talking about how short your batter life is. If I am not mistaken the magnet needs to line up in order to shut off/standby/dim or otherwise you phone when inserted into the holster.

If the magnets are lining up on the display I don't think your phone is being put into standby while in the holster.

But then again you said it was an OEM.......
    03-03-09 11:27 PM
    I am not suggesting that the magnet is the problem. It's just that I noticed the area on my display that was affected was directly below the magnet and if alot of people were having the same problem, then I might have my answer. The fact that nobody has replied yet with the same issue could mean that I have an isolated problem. Thanks for the feedback so far.
    03-04-09 12:26 AM