07-10-09 04:22 PM
28 12
tools
    I got my 8350i right after Christmas last year and have been pretty happy with the device... Originally, I purchased a silicon skin for the phone, but hated it... I use a nylon pouch on a utility belt for work, so the skin made it nearly impossible to get the phone in and out of the case.. So, I bought an Otter Box case, but it had a SERIOUS echo with the case on, so I wound up selling the case on eBay and buying a Seidio innocase. At first, I really liked the Seidio, but the first time I dropped the phone with the case on, the retaining lip on the upper right corner (the part of the upper half that "snaps" together with the lower part of the case) broke off.. I'm not sure if this is a common problem with the case or not, but the pieces that snap together seem REALLY thin and easy to break.... Now, I had a case that would "fasten" on three corners and not on the top. I tried to make it through the day with the broken case, but because of the inability to "lock" the case together, the top part of the case fell off and I lost it..........................................

So, now I'm going back to the otterbox. I ordered the case and the heavy duty clip for it online... Is everyone happy with the OtterBox since the last software update? Have people who previously had echo issues with the case had them resolved since the update??

Thanks!
    05-06-09 03:26 PM
    I have not had the complainst since the update. I am very happy with my OB.
    05-06-09 03:29 PM
    I have never had a problem with echo on my Otterbox. I guess I was one of the lucky few.
    05-06-09 03:39 PM
    Since the update it has worked great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 04:14 PM
    Check out the new otter box in the cb accessory page. It had real good reviews.

05-06-09 04:56 PM
    I had the Otterbox, the update fixed the echo, BUT-

I had to enlarge the hole for the microphone (on the otterbox itself). I opened it up a LOT!!! Peeps were saying I was muffled. So, I called my home phone and listened to myself on the answering machine, I was muffled sounding, even after the alterations. I got rid of that case
    05-06-09 05:07 PM
    No issues here, updated with no reports of echo from the famdamily.

05-06-09 06:24 PM
    DOwnload the new update and run it it will get rid of all the echo. I have gone throw 3 of these phones alread because i refused to have a phone that echos. I can finally use a case because the new software upgrade fixes the echo.
    05-06-09 07:19 PM
    I had the otterbox as well, didn't have any problems with the echo,

BUT

I had same problem as davidc2, everyone complained about me sounding so muffled, I also enlarged the hole without any improvements.
    05-06-09 08:14 PM
    I got my 8350i right after Christmas last year and have been pretty happy with the device... Originally, I purchased a silicon skin for the phone, but hated it... I use a nylon pouch on a utility belt for work, so the skin made it nearly impossible to get the phone in and out of the case.. So, I bought an Otter Box case, but it had a SERIOUS echo with the case on, so I wound up selling the case on eBay and buying a Seidio innocase. At first, I really liked the Seidio, but the first time I dropped the phone with the case on, the retaining lip on the upper right corner (the part of the upper half that "snaps" together with the lower part of the case) broke off.. I'm not sure if this is a common problem with the case or not, but the pieces that snap together seem REALLY thin and easy to break.... Now, I had a case that would "fasten" on three corners and not on the top. I tried to make it through the day with the broken case, but because of the inability to "lock" the case together, the top part of the case fell off and I lost it..........................................

So, now I'm going back to the otterbox. I ordered the case and the heavy duty clip for it online... Is everyone happy with the OtterBox since the last software update? Have people who previously had echo issues with the case had them resolved since the update??

Thanks!
    Ed,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you had with your Innocase. If you'll email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com I'll make sure you receive a replacement.

Thanks,
    05-07-09 11:23 AM
    Ed,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you had with your Innocase. If you'll email your contact and original order information to [content removed] I'll make sure you receive a replacement.

Thanks,
    Thanks, that would be great. I sent the information via e-mail to you a few minutes ago...

Ed
    05-08-09 09:35 AM
    The OtterBox Defender case is the truth the only 2 issues i have with it are 1-Adds bulk to the phone , 2-A battery pull takes forever ;-)...........

05-08-09 09:50 AM
    tprieto if you download quickpull you don't have to remove the case.
    05-08-09 04:50 PM
    Yup downloaded it first day I brought the case

05-08-09 04:55 PM
    Thanks, that would be great. I sent the information via e-mail to you a few minutes ago...

Ed
    Well, I sent the information and recieved a reply back the next day, indicating that my e-mail had been forwarded to the "wholesale replacement department" and that they would assist me in replacing my innocase.

That was on May 8. I have not heard from Seidio since. I have sent five e-mails (including the issued ticket number I was assigned) requesting to know the status, and have not received any response at all... I had hoped to report that Seidio customer service was great, but so far, not so much.......
    05-26-09 05:06 PM
    The OtterBox Defender case is the truth the only 2 issues i have with it are 1-Adds bulk to the phone , 2-A battery pull takes forever ;-)...........

But there's an App for that!

Sorry I just had to say it to amuse myself if nothing else.
    05-27-09 03:40 PM
    Actully there is an app for that. However nothing will be able to duplicate a battery pull completely.

App=QuickPull

Of course if you were just being funny, I am not that tall so it went right over me.
    05-27-09 03:48 PM
    I was being serious in an amusing way, I have QuickPull.
    05-27-09 03:53 PM
    quickpull DOES NOT simulate a battery pull, just a little piece of info.
    05-27-09 04:07 PM
    I've had several callers tell me they hear an echo. I removed the case and the echo was gone. I contacted OB today , they told me they were aware of the problem. The have redesigned the case and they're sending a replacement.
    06-25-09 01:27 PM
    I've had several callers tell me they hear an echo. I removed the case and the echo was gone. I contacted OB today , they told me they were aware of the problem. The have redesigned the case and they're sending a replacement.
    Thanks for this info..

I have the OB on and most of my calls are fine. Every now and then I may get one person telling me I sound muffled but not too often..

For the most part Im happy with the protection the case gives the BB and since im out in the elements alot the case fits my needs.

If they are sending out replacements I might jump in on the mix ..keep us posted ..
    06-25-09 08:53 PM
    Thanks for the info, also interested in hearing how the redesigned case works.
    06-28-09 05:40 PM
    I love my otter box as well. Had to drill the mic hole out but other than that it is great
    06-28-09 08:33 PM
    I recently bought the silicon otterbox for my 8350i and i like it but the problem is they do not make a clip for it
    06-28-09 08:34 PM
    Yeah I talked to OB today and they are sending me a replacement free of charge also. They told me they have done a redesign and with the new OS update it should completely take care of the problem. I will post again when I get the case and let y'all know if there are any differences. If you have done the upgrade and you still have the echo while in the OB give OB a call and they will send you a new one if you have had yours since the 8350i first came out. Great customer service.
    07-01-09 11:18 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD