I've got an AMEX gift card that I can use for either a case/holster or a headset, but cannot get both right now. I'd like to hear your thoughts on which I should get first.

I think I have made up my mind which headset and which case/holster I'm going to get and they are similar in price. I don't think it should matter which ones for the sake of this discussion, but if you want to make a specific recommendation for either category, feel free as long as you list some supporting rationale.

TIA for the feedback!
    01-13-08 12:49 PM
    I'd have to say the case first. It's important to keep that BB protected at all times. Get the headset later.
    01-13-08 02:01 PM
    Protecting the BB should probably come first. I ordered my case before I even got the phone.
    01-13-08 03:26 PM
    I hear you. But I use the oem case now - even though I'm not thrilled with it. I also wonder if I wouldn't even need to take the phone out as often with the headset - which is its own kind of protection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-08 03:35 PM
    I hear you. But I use the oem case now - even though I'm not thrilled with it. I also wonder if I wouldn't even need to take the phone out as often with the headset - which is its own kind of protection.

If you use the case that came with the BB that will probably due for a while. If you have never used a BT headset you will love it. No need to take the BB out of the case, let it in your pocket, hit the headset button and speak your callers name or number and your dialing. You can check the status too that way.
    01-13-08 04:33 PM
    What do you mean by 'check the status?' Battery level?

01-13-08 04:56 PM

Battery level, signal strength and connection, (EDGE, GPS)
    01-13-08 05:03 PM

You hit the Headset button and say "Check Status" it will give you battery level, Connection and level, and tell you if phone and/or data coverage is available.
    01-13-08 05:13 PM
    I think you should go with the hard case with the clip. I doesnt add much thickness to the phone and give you the option of putting it in ur pocket or wearing it on your hip.
    01-13-08 05:22 PM
    Interesting. So far it is:
    Case: 3
    Headset: 1

01-13-08 05:35 PM
    You hit the Headset button and say "Check Status" it will give you battery level, Connection and level, and tell you if phone and/or data coverage is available.
    Cool. Did not know that. Thx for this tip!
    01-13-08 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD