Well since its a convergence device maybe I can get rid of carrying around my MP3 player. The MP3 player is much smaller but if I can remember one device that would be convergence for me.

So I am looking for a case that would hold up in the gym and be convienient enough to use during the day.

You know like the ipod arm band cases. Is this phone thin enough?

What do you use in this case, or what would you reccomend? A cases for work and play.
    02-12-09 09:48 AM
    this case was suggested
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sle...rkouts-127849/

I went out and bought it and it seems to work fine. Not great, but fine. The fitting is a little tight and the headphone jack pokes out at a bit of an odd angle (since the sleeve is made for iPhone whose headphone jack is on the top and not the side). Also it's hard to tell from the photo, but the plastic covering the screen is more of a translucent mesh so it's fairly difficult to see the buttons.

Other than that I don't mind it I'm hoping in the next few months they'll come out with some cases, but it seems like most major retailers only stock the iPod accessories.
    02-12-09 10:25 AM
    I just started using my Storm at the gym and it works great so far. I also have an iPod Touch 32GB and still love using the Storm. I'm using Orb to listem to XM radio and have MP3's on it. Unfortunately Slacker doesn't work in Canada or I'd likely use it all the time.

I picked up a Belkin Zune 80GB armband and it's work great so far. The biggest problem, which I think we'll find with any armband that's not specifically designed for the Storm is the headphone jack is in a bad spot. But the Storm still fits well enough in this armband for running and other exercises. I compared the size of the Zune 80GB to the Storm and they're pretty close to the same, even in thickness.

Seach amazon.com for Belkin Zune Armband.

EDIT: And I forgot to mention that the touch screen still works great through the clear soft plastic cover.
    Last edited by KaceS2K; 02-12-09 at 10:35 AM.
    02-12-09 10:31 AM
    hey guy just like you i am a gym rat...since the storm has stereo bluetooth. I just keep my phone in plain site and just wear my headset. that way i dont have to worry about damaging my phone. now grant it i know everyone that goes to my gym so i dont really have to worry about theft. i still keep the phone where I can keep an eye on it. just away from the steel.
    02-12-09 11:31 AM
    this case was suggested
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sle...rkouts-127849/

I went out and bought it and it seems to work fine. Not great, but fine. The fitting is a little tight and the headphone jack pokes out at a bit of an odd angle (since the sleeve is made for iPhone whose headphone jack is on the top and not the side). Also it's hard to tell from the photo, but the plastic covering the screen is more of a translucent mesh so it's fairly difficult to see the buttons.

Other than that I don't mind it I'm hoping in the next few months they'll come out with some cases, but it seems like most major retailers only stock the iPod accessories.
    I'll have to give this one shot. Too bad I missed that conversation. HA!

Thanks guys.
    02-12-09 11:32 AM
    how about moisture on that armband one i am afraid of getting it wet while I run
    02-12-09 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD