Hi, new Tour owner and first post -- thanks for having such a great forum!

I'm looking to get a case ASAP, but there seem to be a ton out there, all with mixed reviews.

I'm looking for a case that would be hard and protect the screen, but leave the keyboard open -- I can't seem to find anything out there like that?? I'm shocked at how many "cases" don't cover the most important and easy-to-mess-up part: the screen.

I see the Otterbox Defender covers the screen, but it also seems like a tank (huge case) and covers the keyboard -- anything that's slim yet still covers just the screen? And if not, what's the closest thing? Maybe I can modify it....

Thanks!

-- Evan
    10-13-09 05:11 PM
    Otterbox Defender!
    10-13-09 05:23 PM
    Hey,

I got a Seido Innocase 360 and love it for work. It does have a screen and key cover. At first I wasnt thrilled at the key cover but I did get use to it and find that one a rainy day its great protection. Seido has several different version on of cases. I suggest if you don't want to buy a case that covers the keys buy the case you prefer and just buy a screen protector. Also my case is very slim...not bulky at all. I hope this has been helpful. Following is the link to the case that I have:

Innocase 360 - Sapphire Blue
    10-13-09 05:46 PM
    Thanks for the help! If you buy a separate screen protector to go witha case that doesn't have one, how does the screen protector stay on/in place? Also, where do you buy just a screen protector? Thanks!
    10-13-09 06:24 PM
    I got the Seidio 360 and love it. I agree that it takes time to adjust to the cover over the keys. Did you look at Invisibleshield? Maybe that is more your style.
    10-13-09 07:35 PM
    i have the case-mate barely there. it has just enough coverage without any bulk. it comes with a screen protector the incipio feather is almost identical to the case-mate and also comes with a screen protector both of these are about $20 you should look into them. i also ordered some epik cases, but they haven't come yet.
    10-13-09 08:33 PM
    I believe that all three Otterbox cases come with screen protectors, I personally have the Defender and LOVE it. It does add a little bit of bulkyness to the phone, but is damn near bulletproof. You quickly bypass the added size for the protection you receive, I was torn on what case to get as well and decided to get the defender. Glad i did

There are a lot of reviews if you search on here on all three Otterbox cases and multiple Seido cases. Good luck
    10-13-09 08:35 PM
    I have the privacy screen protector that you can purchase from Verizon. It is pretty thick to protect the screen but also has a privacy coating that blocks people beside you from being able to read what's on your screen. I bought a universal screen protector from Walmart and it was horrible. It was way to thin, didn't provide any real protection and made the screen look cloudy. I say which ever protector you get make sure it is made for that specific device.
    10-13-09 09:05 PM
    I don't think any of the screen protectors, separate application one or even the Otterbox defender one can protect against inappropriately placed pressure against the screen from an object. Most will protect against scratches and if attached, some moisture. The way the otter protects and possible the seido is to create a raised frame around the screen so it does not contact other surfaces easily.
    10-13-09 10:11 PM
    Hey,

I got a Seido Innocase 360 and love it for work. It does have a screen and key cover. At first I wasnt thrilled at the key cover but I did get use to it and find that one a rainy day its great protection. Seido has several different version on of cases. I suggest if you don't want to buy a case that covers the keys buy the case you prefer and just buy a screen protector. Also my case is very slim...not bulky at all. I hope this has been helpful. Following is the link to the case that I have:

Innocase 360 - Sapphire Blue

+1 on the 360.
    10-13-09 10:14 PM
    I went with an OEM Verizon clear plastic snap on case and an 8900 screen protector. In my bad-trackball-had-to-swap-out-the-tour-3-times days I noticed that screen protectors made for the 8900 work perfectly if not better than ones made for the 9630.

I ordered a pack of 6 off eBay from somewhere in Asia and they work great.

The otterbox and others added too much bulk and interfered with using the OEM holster...

Again, this is all my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 11:02 PM
    I'm a firefighter and I'm always doing something that involves getting dirty or something to do with water. I have the BB Tour and I have a clear case for it but it seems that dirty still kinda gets in. Any suggestions for a good case dosen't have to be waterproof or anything but something that'll keep the dirt and my BB clean.
    10-14-09 02:05 PM
    I use a epik mobile case. they are amazing. you can find em on ebay for about 5 bucks each. The best case around, but it does not protect the screen. Thats where a nice invisa-shield screen protector (not the cheep knock offs, there is a huge difference.). Keeps the phone looking nice, with out all the bulk and protects the screen. Win Win.
    10-14-09 02:24 PM
    For me, the Epik case is the best. Cheap, form fitting, not bulky. They also come with a screen protector that I found to be much better than the Invisible Shield brand. Applying it was a lot easier too.

I use a holster too, and Epik offers one specifically for their cases. I like it a lot.

The cases come in a few different colors, and it's only $5, so even if you decided to go with something else, you're not out a lot of money.
    10-14-09 03:09 PM
    I don't think any of the screen protectors, separate application one or even the Otterbox defender one can protect against inappropriately placed pressure against the screen from an object. Most will protect against scratches and if attached, some moisture. The way the otter protects and possible the seido is to create a raised frame around the screen so it does not contact other surfaces easily.
    although this may be true, i've heard a lot of stories relying on their otterbox too much and cracking their screen. the amount of coverage you need depends on how careful you are with your device.
    10-14-09 03:35 PM
    ive got a gel case on mine
    10-14-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD