I just got the Curve 8330 for Verizon Wireless and I'm trying to decide between the OEM magnet case without the AutoLock program since I won't need it, or the OEM black rubber skin with the AutoLock program to prevent random numbers from being dialed, etc.

The downside to the OEM pleather case is that I have to take it out of the case to answer a call, take it out of the case to text, use it, etc. When I'm driving take it out of the case, etc. But at the same time it feels like it really protects the phone a bit more and prevents any dust from getting in the trackball when it's in my pocket, etc.

The downside to the OEM black rubber skin is that it leaves the keyboard and trackball exposed - but the good thing is that it always is accessible in terms of the actual phone. When I get a text message or a call or anything it's right there, etc.
    05-11-08 05:05 PM
    Anyone have an opinion?
    05-11-08 09:47 PM
    my wife and i (she has the curve) are huge fans of the leather sheath. it gives good protection, and when you get a text/email it automatically opens when you take the phone out. im not totally sure what the "auto lock" thing is, but it does have the sleeper magnet that is great for battery life. pulling the phone out while driving isnt an issue if you have your phone charging in the car (which we do all the time, better for the battery) and its a small price to pay for the overall protection and dust-gaurd-ISH benefits.
    my wife almost had a heart attack when she lost hers. its like our 3rd child... shes pitiful
    Last edited by ImTHATGuy; 05-11-08 at 10:10 PM.
    05-11-08 10:00 PM
    my wife and i (she has the curve) are huge fans of the leather sheath. it gives good protection, and when you get a text/email it automatically opens when you take the phone out.
    my wife almost had a heart attack when she lost hers
    I'm assuming you're talking about the OEM pleather case? I don't think that's really leather is it? If it is that's hard to believe I had no idea it looks like a rubber material to me. But I agree with you about the opening of the messages when you pull it out!
    05-11-08 10:11 PM
    05-11-08 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD