PI had a customer come to the store and she had one for her 9700 but I didn't get a chance to see what brand I want to say it was Seidio or maybe otterbox. I just know that it was really thick and had two layer case with a plastic hard shield that goes over the screen and thin plastic layer over the entire keyboard. I believe she purchased it from a corporate At&t store but I'm not sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-11 03:53 PM
    PI had a customer come to the store and she had one for her 9700 but I didn't get a chance to see what brand I want to say it was Seidio or maybe otterbox. I just know that it was really thick and had two layer case with a plastic hard shield that goes over the screen and thin plastic layer over the entire keyboard. I believe she purchased it from a corporate At&t store but I'm not sure.

That will be the Otterbox Defender.

11-12-11 04:02 PM
    Nope Defenders are no longer supplied with the key protection.

As far as I know there is not case that protects the keys, unless in a holster or some sort.
    11-12-11 04:12 PM
    I was afraid of that ill get it anyway I suppose

11-13-11 07:46 PM
    I would suggest not getting the defender.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-phone-666273/
    mssca likes this.
    11-13-11 08:36 PM
    I would suggest not getting the defender.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-phone-666273/
    THANK YOU SOOO much for the information.

But my theory is that I would go with the defender because I don't have a warranty after a year and cosmetics changes due to the cover is minimal compared to I have to buy a brand new phone because of dropping the phone naked on ground.

I also notice that the defender plastic leaves a mark all around the face side of the phone. I would be happy if I can sell this phone for even $100 at the end of my contact. (not looking for a profit when I sell my BBs).

So, if you don't like Seidiocase, OtterBox Defender is not bad in my opinion.
    11-13-11 08:43 PM
    Seidio Convert is good for bomb proof protection.

But the Commuter should be good also.

I still need to check out a ballistic cases.
    11-13-11 09:06 PM
    I've been using the Otterbox Commuter cases for all my phones for the past 3-4 years and have never had a problem. The Defender is a bit drastic for day to day use.

11-13-11 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD