I like to carry my Blackberry in my pocket and the case that comes with the VZW Tour is huge. I am looking for something that does not add too much bulk (i.e., no clip), but will protect the phone from bumps, drops, etc. With my old Pearl, I managed withe the case that came with it. Didn't love it, but didn't mind it since it didn't add too much size. I don't think Phantom Skinz or anything like that will work since I just don't have the patience to put it on. So I am thinking screen protector or privacy screen thing in combination with something else. All I can find is the silicone cover, and the snap on cover. I like the feel of the silicone better, but the fit isn't perfect....seems loose on the sides of the screen. Also, I am guessing that lint and stuff with stick to the silicone cover when I pull it out of my pocket. I like the fit of the snap on cover, but it seems to get in the way of the keys on each side of the keyboard. Thoughts/experience on which is better? Any other recommendations? Thanks for the input!
    07-24-09 12:42 PM
    Check out Zagg's Invisible Shield.
    07-24-09 12:43 PM
    07-24-09 12:44 PM
    Personally, I liked my Seidio Innocase II. It was rugged, and didnt add any bulk to my past curve.

They're creating the Innocase now for the Tour, which will be worth the wait. Innocase II Surface, Black

I'll also add the screen saver. Perhaps the Invisi sheild. It worked well and lasted a long time on my curve.

I just hope they come out with the Innocase soon. Where was everyone when they were developing the Tour? Dont you think they would have worked with RIM getting dims and specs for the cases, etc?

They should at least make the same excuse Chris Griffin made in Family Guy when he messed up..."I'm sorry. I totally dropped the ball. Ive been totally buried in paperwork for the past 72 hrs"
    07-24-09 01:00 PM
    A rubber skin has worked perfectly fine on all my phones.. Protected it from drops. I'm going to stick with it and just probably get a screen protector
    07-24-09 01:11 PM
    I have had the innocase in the past, works great. great investment!
    07-24-09 01:20 PM
    Seidio is also coming out with the Innocase 360...that adds a little extra protection...covers the screen and keyboard...kinda like the Otterbox without the bulkiness.
    That is something i will have to check out, would love a great screen protector. thanks for the heads up!
    07-24-09 01:27 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. Innocase looks cool. I guess I need to decide if I go with something like that or stick with a pouch style case and retain the functionality of having a magnet.
    07-27-09 11:06 AM
    I also upgraded from a Pearl to the Tour. I'm currently using the RIM silicone Skin, but I think the other company (Seido perhaps) make a slightly better one - the Seido covers the top of the device and seems to stay on better. I will probably get a screen protecter too if I can find a good one.

For my Pearl, I used the Case-Mate Smart Skin - it was awesome! Full silicone coverage, including the keyboard and around the trackball. It even came with screen protector stickers (2 of them) and a microfiber cloth. I contacted them and they told me they are working on a model for the Tour, and it should be available in 4-6 weeks (from today).
    07-27-09 11:25 AM
    NEW OEM Blackberry Tour 9630 BLACK Silicone Skin Case - eBay (item 260448514231 end time Aug-16-09 11:59:53 PDT)

fits perfectly and is very slim. Can even slide it into a pouch with skin on.

$6.50 to your door : )
    07-27-09 11:51 AM
    i just ordered the zagg full body. i had great success with it on my curve. I have also done a million installs for some of my users. i'm practically a pro at it. it took me 2 hours to do a storm the very first time. not fun. too many small peices. me hates the storm now. me hates it.
    07-27-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD