Anyone know of ANY 9700 cases (silicon sleeves to solid cases - anything at all!) that will still work with the charging dock?
    01-11-10 06:33 PM
    This would be such a convenience! I need to know as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 06:40 PM
    The closest youll get is 2 piece case which you can remove the bottom to put in a charging cradle.
    01-11-10 06:45 PM
    You'll have to go for the seidio case and seidio dock.
    01-11-10 06:45 PM
    Agreed. The Innocase II has to be removed to use OEM pod but not for the Seidio pod.
    01-11-10 08:54 PM
    a case that the bottom comes off and fits perfectly in the bb charging dock, can be found here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/pl...review-401405/
    01-11-10 10:43 PM
    easiest case to be used with OEM charging pod imo is Vaja iVolution cases, but yes it is expensive
    01-11-10 11:56 PM
    Too much to take off a skin or case? I can see maybe the defender... Being a pain haha. I got the comutter, only takes 3 seconds to take off...

Or you can get one of those new power mat batteries and mats that don't need a new batter cover. They should be out soon if not already... Just thrown it on it, done.

01-12-10 01:01 AM
    The seido innocase cand pull apart in two... I have one, well used to use it till I got my otter box... Otterbox is WAY better.... That seido was ugly, didn't protect that well either.

01-12-10 01:02 AM
    JFlex - did a belt clip come with the Commuter? Or are you aware of a compatible clip?

I'm leaning towards an Otterbox, but I need to clip it to my belt while I'm at work!

Too much to take off a skin or case? I can see maybe the defender... Being a pain haha. I got the comutter, only takes 3 seconds to take off...

Or you can get one of those new power mat batteries and mats that don't need a new batter cover. They should be out soon if not already... Just thrown it on it, done.

01-14-10 02:35 PM
    I'm interested in this as well. Anyone else have suggestions?
    02-06-10 11:27 PM
    i'm thinking of getting rid of my OEM pod and getting the Seidio pod since I have that Innocase. does anyone know if the Seidio pod works with the Epik case?
    02-07-10 12:14 AM
    im looking for one that works with a charging pod as well (either one) but seidio would be way to expensive in my case because i would have to get the dock, case, and swivel beltclip holster
    02-07-10 10:38 AM
    Well this may seem rather in-elegant, but I took my Seidio 2 piece hard case and, with a razor, trimmed the bottom 1/2 inch off. Then I took a dab of Gorilla Glue and glued the bottom and top halves together. Now it sits in the dock perfectly and I can slide the phone out of the bottom for a battery pull or to change memory cards.

Granted , maybe the bottom 10% of the phone is exposed, but I'm happy with it. If done carefully it looks like it came that way.

For what its worth...
    02-07-10 11:14 AM
    Can you post pictures of that mod please... Interested in seeing what you did and how it looks

02-07-10 11:26 AM
    Here are a few I've found while searching. The contacts are cut out in the cases but I am not sure if that means it will fit in the dock

black rubberized hard case
    There are several colors available via search

gummy hard case
    colors: black/clear,red/black,blue/white,pink/white
    02-07-10 11:59 AM
    those case above look like they would work in the seidio dock... i know the innocases and seidio dock work together (obviously)... the only way to really know is 1. get the seidio dock and test it out, or 2. send me the case and i can test it with my seidio dock :-D lol
    02-07-10 01:37 PM
    Well this may seem rather in-elegant, but I took my Seidio 2 piece hard case and, with a razor, trimmed the bottom 1/2 inch off. Then I took a dab of Gorilla Glue and glued the bottom and top halves together. Now it sits in the dock perfectly and I can slide the phone out of the bottom for a battery pull or to change memory cards.

Granted , maybe the bottom 10% of the phone is exposed, but I'm happy with it. If done carefully it looks like it came that way.

For what its worth...
    Here's how the case looks after I 'trimmed" it...
    02-07-10 02:23 PM
    Here's how the case looks after I 'trimmed" it...

why did you have to glue the 2 pieces together? doesn't it still snap together in place?
    02-07-10 02:35 PM
    hmmm interesting... not something i would do, but to each there own... if thats what works for you, then great on you!
    02-07-10 04:04 PM
    Here are a few I've found while searching. The contacts are cut out in the cases but I am not sure if that means it will fit in the dock

black rubberized hard case
    There are several colors available via search

gummy hard case
    colors: black/clear,red/black,blue/white,pink/white
    if someone knows or test if it will work then this would be a good idea
    02-07-10 04:38 PM
    if someone knows or test if it will work then this would be a good idea
    will not work. the extra thickness on the bottom of the phone will prevent from reaching the contact points on the OEM charger.
    02-07-10 04:59 PM
    Does Zagg make an invisishield for the 9700 yet? I'm at work and can't check but that'd seem like it would work
    02-07-10 05:17 PM
    why did you have to glue the 2 pieces together? doesn't it still snap together in place?
    Glued 'em because once the bottom was off it didn't want to stay together.
    02-07-10 09:17 PM
    Does Zagg make an invisishield for the 9700 yet? I'm at work and can't check but that'd seem like it would work
    I just ordered one of these. I will let you know if it works when I get it.
    02-07-10 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD