For no reason that I can deduct, my case is coming lose. I have around a 1/8th opening near the usb port on the phone. Its possibly a month old.

The phone lives on a desk unused. Since its work's phone I leave it at work and with my assistant. Being I don't like it and trust my assistant I know hed inform me of any drops or mishandlings.

I have no idea what could cause this as the tempature is constant in the building. It aslo seems to be getting worse. I know it didn't come this was as I have been sent a dead phone before, I am retentive inspecting it.

Will a warrenty cover this? I feel this is a fault and puts the phone at risk as room for debris to enter the phone is now aparent.

Would a good old fashioned hit and hope possibly push it into place? Am I the only one with such rubbish luck?

I thank you in advance for any advice on the matter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 07:59 PM
    Forgive the typos, I thought I'd try to post from this infernal thing. It was not pleasurable in the least.

10-13-10 08:00 PM
    I'm having the same problem with mine, but I had mine since March this year. I've been able to snap it back in place a few times but it works itself loose and pops back out eventually.

I've never dropped mine or had it on my pants pocket while seated, I always carry it on my shirt poacket or in my cars cup holder. I only put it on my pants pocket while standing if my shirt don't have a pocket.

I think the USB/Ear Plug area of the casing is the weakest part of the 8530, my screen is full of dust inside and it goes thru this same spot.
    10-13-10 08:47 PM
    Ed,

I greatly thank you. Fromy your post I "grew a set" promptly put some pressure on and snap! Back to how it should be!

I hope it stays, and I'm quite sorry to hear it's a happeningto you as well.

It would make sense if that's a weak spot for the case to loosen there.

If anyone has any ideas it would be nice. Thanks again!

10-13-10 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD