When I put my bb in my case that came with my bb it shuts off the standby mode and get on myspace and the internet! Does anyone know why? And how can I fix this??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 10:57 PM
    im not sure i fully understand the question??????? can you restate it?
    03-09-09 11:11 PM
    When I put on my case when my bb is on the standby mode(pressing the mute button) and standby mode is no longer on minutes after puttin it in the case! I've found it on myspace and calling people! Its really annoying!

03-09-09 11:17 PM
    I wonder if you are putting it in the case the right way? If it's the same pouch that came with mine it has the magnet that makes the phone go into holster mode.
    03-09-09 11:19 PM
    Oh! I think so! I have vzw! What is holster mode? What does that do? Im new to bb so I don't really know too much about this thing yet!

03-09-09 11:25 PM
    Your blackberry is designed to go into the standby mode when you slip it in the case thaty came with the blackberry. You don't need to place it in that mode if your gonna slip it in the holster.

03-09-09 11:37 PM
    Ok, click your Options icon, then scroll to Security options and click, then General Settings, scroll down to lock handheld upon holstering and set to yes, escape and save.

The magnet is designed to turn your screen off to save power, but pressure on keys can still let it do many functions. Setting the lockout will stop this, as will using the keyboard lock on your desktop if you don't want to use the automatic feature.

There is also a setting to prevent calls while it is in locked mode in holster. It is the next selection down in the same field.

Last edited by BergerKing; 03-10-09 at 12:02 AM.
    03-09-09 11:59 PM
    Thank you sooo much!!!

03-10-09 12:03 AM
    Your blackberry is designed to go into the standby mode when you slip it in the case thaty came with the blackberry. You don't need to place it in that mode if your gonna slip it in the holster.

If locks aren't set for in-holster mode, the BB can still dial out or activate functions in holster. In original settings, the holster only turns off the LCD.

03-10-09 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD