Hi guys, I'm pretty sure this topic has been mentioned several times but after searching through the forums I could not find an answer, so if anyone knows anything about this please help

Here goes:

I have a white bold 9900 and I've ordered the oem battery and charger combo for my phone, as I use my phone very frequently and might need to change batteries on the go once in awhile. So since I have an extra battery, I don't really need the sleep function of the oem pouch, so I'll do without it. But if I do I'll want a case to protect my phone, which is easily removable for me to switch batteries.

However I also have an oem charging dock, to prevent me from damaging the usb charging port which happened to my previous phone. So I was wondering if there is a casing which can be removed without damaging the bezel, and at the same time fit the charging cradle? It does not have to fit exactly as long as it charges, and it's quite a hassle to remove the case every single time I want to charge the phone.

After searching the forums I found that the case mate barely there case without the brushed aluminium back can fit the dock, but it seems quite difficult to remove, and if I remove it, it might scratch the bezel. The oem softshell looks like it might fit, but the bottom is protected by the shell. I don't mind having to do modifications to the case, but I just wonder if anyone knows if it is possible to have such a perfect combination? Easy to remove, can fit oem charging pod. Currently case mate seems to be the only case that fits.

I'm currently thinking of purchasing the oem soft shell, and cutting out 2 holes at the bottom where the the connections are. Please advice!
    Last edited by ge3k; 04-13-12 at 12:28 AM.
    04-12-12 10:15 PM
    look for one of the silicone skins..
    04-13-12 05:16 AM
    Hi!
    I have a 9930 and I use a Seidio Surface Case and I love it. It does not add bulk to the phone, but is a harder plastic material. It splits in two so therefore, I can remove the bottom piece to place phone in the charger and just slide the bottom on when done. I use it all day, everyday.

Here is the link:
    http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-surface-case/4A123A8988.htm

PS It has a soft suede material inside and does not scratch the back of the phone or the bezel sliding on and off. I am very fussy about my phone and the way it looks and I am pleased.
    04-13-12 06:00 AM
    I use the http://shop.crackberry.com/case-mate...medium=content and the cradle. Doesn't scratch the phone at all. I take it off at night and place it on top of my alarm clock and then put it back on when I take it off the cradle.
    04-13-12 12:53 PM
    Hi!
    I have a 9930 and I use a Seidio Surface Case and I love it. It does not add bulk to the phone, but is a harder plastic material. It splits in two so therefore, I can remove the bottom piece to place phone in the charger and just slide the bottom on when done. I use it all day, everyday.
    Hi Jaydee, I think the two of us are the only ones that likes this case. I always recommend this case on every similar thread, but know one seems to agree. I rarely if ever get other forum member to recommend this case.
    The other great thing about this case is Seidio sells a cradle that fit the case perfectly, so if you choose not to remove the bottom you have this additional option. In the old days the Seidio surface cases were terrible for the 9930 and 9650. They broke all the time but the Seidio surface case for 9900 is bulletproof, It will last as long as the phone.
    04-13-12 04:42 PM
    Hi Jaydee, I think the two of us are the only ones that likes this case. I always recommend this case on every similar thread, but know one seems to agree. I rarely if ever get other forum member to recommend this case.
    The other great thing about this case is Seidio sells a cradle that fit the case perfectly, so if you choose not to remove the bottom you have this additional option. In the old days the Seidio surface cases were terrible for the 9930 and 9650. They broke all the time but the Seidio surface case for 9900 is bulletproof, It will last as long as the phone.
    Wow! Didn't realize it's not popular. I thought it was a no-brainer! Protection and easy access to the charging dock. Well, at least we know there are TWO smart people in the world, right Betman????
    Betmen likes this.
    04-13-12 04:52 PM
    Wow! Didn't realize it's not popular. I thought it was a no-brainer! Protection and easy access to the charging dock. Well, at least we know there are TWO smart people in the world, right Betman????
    Exactley, I couldn't have put it better. I thought it was no brainer, but
    wait and see we no one will respond positivley to our posts.
    People do not like this case or company!!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-13-12 05:23 PM
    I liked the surface case on my 9650. Only issues I had were:
    - It's kinda expensive for what it is. Between the dock kit and the case you're looking at ~$65 which is kinda insane. You can get other hard cases made of the same material, but a slightly different design (probably won't pull into 2 pieces) for a few dollars.
    - The black one makes the device look a bit cheap.
    04-13-12 05:56 PM
    I liked the surface case on my 9650. Only issues I had were:
    - It's kinda expensive for what it is. Between the dock kit and the case you're looking at ~$65 which is kinda insane. You can get other hard cases made of the same material, but a slightly different design (probably won't pull into 2 pieces) for a few dollars.
    - The black one makes the device look a bit cheap.
    Hmmm...I didn't buy the corresponding charger. I am using an after market charger with it. Also, Black????? Mine is purple!
    04-13-12 05:59 PM
    I also use the OEM charger with my 9900. On weekends, my Bold is in my pocket, protected by the OEM hard case. My device pops in and out easily, so it goes back into the charger overnight. No problem.

That said, I would go for the Seido surface case for weekends - if it was available in a nice bright red!

~ecm.
    04-14-12 05:29 PM
    I have a similar setup, 9900 with an extra battery that I carry around. I also bought the charging cradle and an OEM soft case. Every night before bed I pop the OEM case off and slip the 9900 in to the cradle. Come morning, the case pops on and away I go.

Been doing this since August, when the phone first came out, and haven't had an issue with the bezel of the phone or the case wearing out.
    04-14-12 05:38 PM
    Well no doubt, the oem charging dock is really superb. i actually use it with my 9900 and it really works. is their anyother charging doc for 9900?
    ---------------------
    1984 xr 250 specs
    06-05-12 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD