So we all have been waiting months and months for the Bold 9650, but which case are you going with to protect it; Otterbox, InvisibleShield, etc?
    Last edited by tourboy; 05-18-10 at 03:11 PM.
    05-18-10 03:03 PM
    Wait for the Seidio Incase Surface II to come out for the 9650 with its differently placed charger port. The Incase Surface II is the best case I've used for my 9630 and it will be my first case for my 9630 (if VZW ever releases the thing) once Seidio finishes it.
    05-18-10 03:10 PM
    But nothing covers the screen on the Seidio Incase Surface II does it?

Wait for the Seidio Incase Surface II to come out for the 9650 with its differently placed charger port. The Incase Surface II is the best case I've used for my 9630 and it will be my first case for my 9630 (if VZW ever releases the thing) once Seidio finishes it.
    05-18-10 03:12 PM
    Just sent a note to Otterbox inquiring if they'll be coming out with a Commuter series case for the 9650 in the near future. I noted the changed USB port location and keypad differences, just so the respondent won't say to get the one for the 9630 without checking.
    05-18-10 03:54 PM
    Response from the nice lady at Otterbox:

"We do not have any information if a case will be made at this time for that device, but it is something that has been requested. I have put in a product suggestion on your behalf, and recommend keeping an eye on our website, as it will have the most up to date information on any new releases that we may have."

Therefore, if you're interested in the Commuter (or one of their other lines) for the 9650, please go to their website and send them a request. It takes less than two minutes.
    05-18-10 05:24 PM
    But nothing covers the screen on the Seidio Incase Surface II does it?
    No, it doesn't, but I use my 9630 in pretty intense environments with my Incase Surface and a VZW privacy screen/screen protector and have no problems. I love the combo. the screens are expensive (upwards of $11) but are more than worth it! They offer EXCELLENT protection for the screen as they are atleast 3 times thicker than ordinary screen protectors and have the added benefits of the privacy layer that allows the screen to be seen only when viewed directly.

Seidio also has an excellent warranty on their cases. If it breaks due to normal use (removing the case, etc. not dropping the thing off a building) they will replace it free of charge. Also, if you are unhappy with the case after using it, they will take the case back and refund you entirely with few questions asked. In both cases, they pay all shipping charges.
    Last edited by d5115r; 05-18-10 at 09:13 PM.
    05-18-10 09:11 PM
    Never heard of Incase Surface; is it a screen only protector? How does it adhere to the surface?

No, it doesn't, but I use my 9630 in pretty intense environments with my Incase Surface and a VZW privacy screen/screen protector and have no problems. I love the combo. the screens are expensive (upwards of $11) but are more than worth it! They offer EXCELLENT protection for the screen as they are atleast 3 times thicker than ordinary screen protectors and have the added benefits of the privacy layer that allows the screen to be seen only when viewed directly.

Seidio also has an excellent warranty on their cases. If it breaks due to normal use (removing the case, etc. not dropping the thing off a building) they will replace it free of charge. Also, if you are unhappy with the case after using it, they will take the case back and refund you entirely with few questions asked. In both cases, they pay all shipping charges.
    05-19-10 06:21 AM
    Never heard of Incase Surface; is it a screen only protector? How does it adhere to the surface?
    I've been calling it by the wrong name... Apparently its the INNOCASE. You can find the one I use [HERE] and take a peak. I use this "hard case" with an additional screen protector---the one I mentioned above that is also a privacy protector which you can find [HERE].
    Last edited by d5115r; 05-19-10 at 08:43 AM.
    05-19-10 08:38 AM
    Otterbox has the entire series for the 9650. Just go to We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com and you can find them all there. For me, when/if verizon ever announces it, I will immediately get a defender for it.
    05-24-10 12:16 AM
    Otterbox has the entire series for the 9650. Just go to We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com and you can find them all there. For me, when/if verizon ever announces it, I will immediately get a defender for it.
    I bought the Defender for mine as well. I love it, this thing is a tank!
    05-24-10 01:15 AM
    Cannot tell from the picture; does it cover the screen?

05-24-10 05:56 AM
    Cannot tell from the picture; does it cover the screen?
    It certainly does. I made sure with otterbox that the defender has a built in screen protector.
    05-24-10 08:39 AM
    Does it cover the keyboard too? If so, ok to use still with the keys?

It certainly does. I made sure with otterbox that the defender has a built in screen protector.
    05-24-10 11:38 AM
    Does it cover the keyboard too? If so, ok to use still with the keys?
    It has the normal membrane to cover the keys. I have used the defender with and without this. Typically, I prefer the keys without the membrane but that enables some dust to get underneath the screen protector. It bothered me at first but I got over it. I can always take it apart and clean it.

The keys, IMO, are just fine to use with the membrane on. The last one I had stuck up slightly near the trackpad and it collected dirt. That is why I removed it.
    05-24-10 11:48 AM
    Can you have the cover part to the keys removed, but still keep the screen cover intact?

It has the normal membrane to cover the keys. I have used the defender with and without this. Typically, I prefer the keys without the membrane but that enables some dust to get underneath the screen protector. It bothered me at first but I got over it. I can always take it apart and clean it.

The keys, IMO, are just fine to use with the membrane on. The last one I had stuck up slightly near the trackpad and it collected dirt. That is why I removed it.
    05-24-10 01:21 PM
    Hmm trying to decide which case I want as well. I'm looking at the Commuter, the Case-Mate Hybrid Tough case, and possibly the Incase Surface II if/when it comes out.

I want the lightest/slimmest case possible with decent protection. Don't care about screen covers and all that...any suggestions?
    05-24-10 04:14 PM
    Can you have the cover part to the keys removed, but still keep the screen cover intact?
    The screen protector is built into the housing. It is not removable. The keyboard protector is an optional membrane that can be removed at will.
    05-24-10 10:29 PM
    Cool! So how does the Seidio Innocase II Surface compare to the Defender?

Also, how does the Commuter compare to the Defender (description and pics on We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com don't make it too clear)?

The screen protector is built into the housing. It is not removable. The keyboard protector is an optional membrane that can be removed at will.
    05-25-10 06:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD