Does anyone know what BlackBerry case will fit the 8330 with the OEM sikn on ? I was looking at the Bold side case seems like it would fit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 12:13 PM
    do you mean with a silicon skin on already? something that fits over the whole thing? i dont think there is such a thing. all cases fit very snugly on the device.
    03-17-09 12:17 PM
    Yes with the skin on. I want a BlackBerry case or holster. The bold one seems like it would fit as the bold is slightly bigger.

03-17-09 12:22 PM
    Hmm. Might work as for width, but what you need is the thinkness.... You can always try.
    03-17-09 12:25 PM
    Someone must have a setup like this. Most of the stores around me are out of stock on bold accessories. The curve case will fit but I hate the belt clip. Its not flat like the new ones from BlackBerry are so it digs in to my love handles. And I like to have it horizontal on my belt.

03-17-09 12:44 PM
    I use a Fone Gear horizontal small case for my 8330 with my Rocketfish skin on it. Fits like a charm. They are now available at Wal-Mart for about $10. They have a magnet closure (face-out) and work with the in-holster settings.

It is soft lined inside, with elastic sides, has a leather covered spring-steel flat clip, and has an eyelet for adding a carry-strap or s-biner to secure it to a belt loop.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-17-09 at 12:53 PM.
    03-17-09 12:44 PM
    the seidio spring clip holster fits with silicone skins or the seidio hard case i just got it yesterday from the cb store came in today! fits great. i was persuaded by jreels review for the bold but unlike the bold version the casemate smart skin does not fit this holster not a big deal. hehe i own like every case available for the 8330 curve except otterbox
    03-17-09 12:51 PM
    I also use a horizontal leather side pouch with a skinned BB. It's a little snug on the front to back (thickness) dimension, but it works.
    03-17-09 01:59 PM
    ya i only had problems with the top flap closure, but it works like you said.
    03-17-09 02:05 PM
    Okay I found a store with stock. Got talking to the guy and the case that comes with bold is the one that works. The replace case for the bold is different and will not work. The part number is HDW18193001. The side case did not work. If anyone is interested I'll upload some photos.

03-17-09 03:10 PM
    Go to the mall and let one of the guys figure that out for you...i know there is one case I have seen that does work with the skin on it, but idk that name.
    03-17-09 03:11 PM
    The regular Curve case like this one...

Will work very well with the silicone skin....I know this because that is what I have and use. It's snug but it works very very well.
    03-17-09 03:26 PM
    The regular Curve case like this one...

Will work very well with the silicone skin....I know this because that is what I have and use. It's snug but it works very very well.
    that is actually the case that comes with the 8830 not the curve. but yes, it does work, a co-worker uses that one after i gave it to him *G*
    03-17-09 03:51 PM
    It is for the 8830, and 8330.

Just does not come stock with the 8330.
    03-17-09 05:18 PM
    The belt clip sucks on that case. Thats why I did not want that one.

This one is good and fits great with the skin on. Its too big with the skin off however.
    P/N is HDW18193001 and is the one that comes with the Bold (not the replacment one)

Last edited by HouseApe; 03-17-09 at 08:08 PM.
    03-17-09 08:01 PM
    I'm looking for basically the exact same type of setup. I have an innocase for my 8330 that I love...but can't find a side pouch that fits it. Don't want the plastic holster at this point. There are plenty of cases that "fit" but can't find something good that also does the sleep/in-holster functionality. I hear that the seidio side case is too big and I don't want to waste my money.

Perhaps this would work for me as well. Any other thoughts?

03-23-09 04:04 PM
    I'm looking for one as well.

If you say that the bold case works, then i'll definitely go for that. My question, however, is... does the sleeper function work on this? I purchased a storm case that fit the curve perfectly while it had an oem skin on it... BUT... the magnet on the storm is located a little higher than it is on the curve, therefore... making it so that the sleeper function didnt work while the curve was upright in the case.

If this works properly with the curve - the sleeper function, please tell us.
    03-23-09 08:17 PM
    Yes the sleep works good. Just have to load it with the screen facing in. And this case also has the track ball slot in it too.

03-23-09 10:27 PM
    i saw on amazon a Bold case that will fit the curve with the skin on...
    the hardware SN ended with 2001...
    04-18-09 09:14 PM
    this is the one:

Blackberry HDW19592001 Leather Holster for Blackberry Bold 9000

read the first review.

04-18-09 09:17 PM
    Before I started rocking the OtterBox, I used a Cellet horizontal leather case with magnetic clip and the double belt clip (one is a standard springy-type belt clip, and the second is a wraparound snap clip). It's not Blackberry-specific, but one of those "Fits most Smartphones" types, but it almost seemed built for the curve.

I had a silicone skin on it and it fit in case very snugly, but not so tight you had to rip it out of the holster. Just a nice secure fit. And it's still small/secure enough that I can use it without any skin on it. No worries!
    04-18-09 09:29 PM
    i'm using an 8330 with the oem silicon cover. I found that with the oem 8300 leather case its really a tight fit. So i found an 8830 oem leather case it it fits perfectly. Thats what i suggest you use because i'm using the same thing
    04-18-09 10:23 PM
    Take a look at hyberpad

It works as a stand alone desk pad to enable the sleep mode and alert profile settings you select.

It also has a travel case that holds a skinned blackberry and the hyberpad.

Bishop Scientifics @ Amazon.com:
    11-03-09 09:59 PM