Hey all. I'm looking for a case for my 9930. I'm down to two that I like, and I'm just looking for pro's and con's for each.

I'm going with either the Otterbox Commuter case, or the Case-mate Tough case.

I had a case-mate for my Tour and it was a fantastic case, so I think I'm leaning towards the case-mate at this point. The otterbox seems to be a very popular choice though. So I just need some input on the two cases to help make up my mind.

Thanks,
    -RYknow
    10-02-11 12:52 PM
    Otter box commuter. I have it, love it! I've used commuter on my last 3 bb's and wouldn't use a different one. The one for the 9930 keeps the device slim and sleek. You will really like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 01:18 PM
    I purchased my first Otterbox and like it very much. I was in the same position as you, wondering what case to purchase. I just went for it and I am pleased.
    10-02-11 01:25 PM
    Get the one that feels best in your hands for you.
    10-02-11 01:30 PM
    Get the one that feels best in your hands for you.
    Sadly, that isn't really an option. No one close to me carries either case instock... So I'll be ordering online. I LOVED my case-mate before, and I think it's fairly new because there isn't really any reviews on it yet. Seems like it works just the same as the otterbox. I think I'm gonna give the otterbox a try.

Thanks guys,
    -RYknow

10-02-11 05:25 PM
    If you want a slim one, and magnetic....get the Verizon hardshell/holster combo for sure. 30 bucks.

10-02-11 05:42 PM
    I used to always have the Otterbox Commuter for all my previous BB's. But I went with the RIM Hardshell case. Nice and snug. I think Crackberry Kevin did a review of it not long ago....

10-02-11 09:20 PM
    commuter for me too. Have it, love it.
    Already dropped the phone a couple of times and all good so far!
    Can't speak for other cases, but the Defender looks too big for me.
    10-02-11 09:25 PM
    Unless you're in construction, I think there is no need for the defender haha. I bought a 9650 on craigslist with it and was astounded at how big that thing was (thats what she said :P)
    10-02-11 11:41 PM
    The Commuter is awesome, i like it even better than the Blackberry hard shell case.
    10-02-11 11:50 PM
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned the glaring difference between the two cases that you mentioned in the OP..

The commuter is great (I have had one for every device I have ever owned); however, I have found that I have gone to the OEM soft shell over the past week or so. This is because the OtterBox Commuter is slippery due to the hard plastic being on the outside of the rubber sleeve. It slides around in the car, sometimes slips out of my hands, etc. Just something to think about because that case-mate that you had posted looks like it is pretty 'grippy'. (Another thought is that the Commuter may go in and out of pockets more easily - guess that depends on how you'll use it most of the time.)
    10-03-11 12:03 AM
    Add me to the list of very satisfied Commuter owners. On terms of OB cases, its the best I've seen from them. But, that is a personal opinion.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9930
    10-03-11 12:22 AM
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned the glaring difference between the two cases that you mentioned in the OP..

The commuter is great (I have had one for every device I have ever owned); however, I have found that I have gone to the OEM soft shell over the past week or so. This is because the OtterBox Commuter is slippery due to the hard plastic being on the outside of the rubber sleeve. It slides around in the car, sometimes slips out of my hands, etc. Just something to think about because that case-mate that you had posted looks like it is pretty 'grippy'. (Another thought is that the Commuter may go in and out of pockets more easily - guess that depends on how you'll use it most of the time.)
    Yep.. I think this one aspect that the OP should also consider.

I have the Commuter case and I love it. I don't have the Casemate on hand but Looking by the pictures, I prefer the Commuter since it looks more..'slick' (of course, that's very subjective). I even compared the 9900+commuter and it looked relatively thinner than naked 9000.

However, the Commuter case is a bit slippery when holding and it slipped several times out of my hand.. That's my only criticism about the case.
    10-03-11 12:41 AM
    The Seidio Surface Case looks like the only one so far that has cut-outs for the charging contacts...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-today-656319/
    10-03-11 12:58 AM
    Commuter. Have one. (well my brother at any rate) and it is amazing.
    10-03-11 01:09 AM
    The Seidio Surface Case looks like the only one so far that has cut-outs for the charging contacts...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-today-656319/
    Interested to know if it works with the dock. By looking at it, I don't think it'll fit.
    10-03-11 02:38 AM
    Interested to know if it works with the dock. By looking at it, I don't think it'll fit.
    I've been holding off on buying the factory dock. Usually Seidio comes out with their own dock to accommodate the phone with the case still on.
    10-03-11 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD