08-29-11 09:29 PM
55 123
tools
    Lavendar colored plaid hard case by Speck and Pink Silicon SoftShell. Can't decide which of the two I like better!
    08-23-11 01:07 AM
    I'm this close to ordering a vaja case
    08-23-11 02:21 AM
    OEM soft shell case with a Tru Protection anti-glare screen protector on it.

is the truprotection taking up the whole top part? Including where the ear piece and led are? or does it cover just the screen portion?

does it affect the proximity sensor?

how many pieces included in the pack?
    Last edited by billybobjones; 08-23-11 at 02:59 AM.
    08-23-11 02:47 AM
    What does the Vaja Aero run for? Their site just says temporarily out of stock.
    08-23-11 02:50 AM
    I've just been using the leather holster the Bold came with and I have the leather pocket sleeve on the way (I ordered from the CrackBerry Store of course).

In the past I've used fitted cases with my BBs, with the exception of my beloved Pearl Flip and now the Bold 99xx.

I guess I just like certain BlackBerrys to be naked.
    08-23-11 03:02 AM
    I have a case/holster combo purchased at Sprint Store for $19.99.
    I have the same one. excellent case and holster. good grip, doesn't interfere with usage of buttons. holster is sturdy too.
    08-23-11 03:13 AM
    is the truprotection taking up the whole top part? Including where the ear piece and led are? or does it cover just the screen portion?

does it affect the proximity sensor?

how many pieces included in the pack?
    It goes from the bottom of the screen to the top edge of the device. No affect on the sensor. The pack comes with 2 of them.
    08-23-11 09:40 AM
    It goes from the bottom of the screen to the top edge of the device. No affect on the sensor. The pack comes with 2 of them.
    hmm really the pic in the website makes it look like it just covers the screen and not the top black portion where the blackberry logo is. if it covers the entire screen up to the bezel i may have to try that out.
    08-23-11 10:02 AM
    I have an Otterbox Commuter coming...had a Commuter on my 9650 and a Defender on my iPhone 4. Great experiences with the Otterbox line up of cases.
    I have one on my 9650.
    I had it replaced 3 times now.

But it was free.

I run parkour so my phone has a lot of... Incidents.
    08-23-11 10:42 AM
    I just ordered the case-mate barely there case in black. Now that I see the soft shell case I actually like that better.

phone-a-holic that is a nice looking case/holster combo, how is the over all quality and feel of the case itself?
    great feel. Nice and sturdy. I normally wouldn't go for this case, but since it doesn't add weight to the phone or take away from the appearance I decided to give it a try. This holster/case combo fits nice and snug on the phone. However, the one drawback is it has no hole on the back where the speaker is. The ringtones and speaker volume is muffled when you have the case on. I decided to tamper with it just a bit and cut an opening for the speaker myself. otherwise great case for the phone.
    08-23-11 10:53 AM
    I have one on my 9650.
    I had it replaced 3 times now.

But it was free.

I run parkour so my phone has a lot of... Incidents.
    I had to google that

I understand what you mean by incidents haha
    08-23-11 10:55 AM
    I started with the holster, but didn't use the clip, so found it too bulky. Tried the OEM soft case, but really didn't like it - thought it ruined the look of the phone.

Finally went with the OEM pocket pouch and am loving it. No worries about a screen protector or scratches while in my pocket and in it's full glory when on my desk.
    08-23-11 11:06 AM
    Got the Otterbox Commuter...so far so good.
    08-23-11 12:09 PM
    The OtterBox is nice.
    08-23-11 12:22 PM
    great feel. Nice and sturdy. I normally wouldn't go for this case, but since it doesn't add weight to the phone or take away from the appearance I decided to give it a try. This holster/case combo fits nice and snug on the phone. However, the one drawback is it has no hole on the back where the speaker is. The ringtones and speaker volume is muffled when you have the case on. I decided to tamper with it just a bit and cut an opening for the speaker myself. otherwise great case for the phone.
    Seems odd they would miss such an obvious thing like the speaker on the back. Someone wasn't paying attention to detail.
    08-23-11 12:22 PM
    hmm really the pic in the website makes it look like it just covers the screen and not the top black portion where the blackberry logo is. if it covers the entire screen up to the bezel i may have to try that out.

It even looks like that on the packaging. But it does go right up to the top, with cutouts for the earpiece and led.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-23-11 12:47 PM
    i dont like the otter box....i prefer the soft shell case...
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    08-23-11 12:49 PM
    I got the BlackBerry soft shell case in Indigo...it came yesterday (I got the 9930 on Friday and spent the whole weekend paranoid that it would get trashed without a case, haha). It looks fantastic, and it gives the phone a much better feel in my hand (I'm coming off a Tour 9630, so I was used to a thicker-feeling BB than the 9930). The indigo color is also great...the sides of it have a subtle, elegant purplish cast to them.
    BBerryIsis likes this.
    08-23-11 01:59 PM
    I received my Otterbox Commuter case today. Fits great. No issues with the rubber flaps. They seem to plug into and remain in the slots without issue. I have never owned one of these before and I am really impressed. I feel like it provides very good protection. I would say the only real issue for me is that I would like to get a charging dock and would hate to take it on and off although it doesn't seem to take very long. I was not a fan of the screen protector that came with it. It's not bad, but not as nice as the one I had on my iPhone 4 from Steinheil. Hope they will have one for the 9900/9930. The only other thing is that I like the grip I have on the phone when naked. This case is pretty slick. Probably not an issue, but worth mentioning. Overall I would highly recommend the case to someone who doesn't need the protection of the Defender case and doesn't want to sacrifice too much of the thinness of the Bold 9900/9930.
    08-23-11 03:00 PM
    I'm about to head to the Sprint store to pick this case/holster combo. Was it a pain cutting out the hole in the back? What did you use?
    08-23-11 04:13 PM
    I bought an OEM soft shell in black - it actually looks great. I haven't found a good screen protector yet.
    08-23-11 04:28 PM
    There are several screen protectors on Amazon to choose from, I typically go for the optically clear ones instead of the films you apply wet.
    08-23-11 09:28 PM
    What case is this?
    funnykindel likes this.
    08-24-11 09:31 AM
    OEM soft shell case it seems
    08-25-11 05:42 AM
    My BB pocket pouch arrived yesterday from CB Store and it is be-utiful! I can still use the phone in all its unencumbered glory while protecting it in a very classy way whilst in my pocket!
    08-25-11 07:25 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD