03-21-10 05:51 AM
29 12
tools
    Hey all, i'm trying to search for the perfect case for the 9700, and i am stuck. Anyone have suggestions? I think i'm deciding between:
    Speck | Fitted Case for BlackBerry Bold 9700 (Bold 2)
    and an invisible shield.
    I've seen a speck case before, and they're actually pretty nice. Though, it's probably going to be bulkier. Any suggestions?

On another note, i just got my 9700! And i'm lovingg it. And everyone's jealous of my phone.
    03-19-10 07:46 PM
    Otterbox commuter or defender. Epik resin skin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 07:52 PM
    Epik "circle" design case is all you need. maybe a screen protector also.
    i heard that the epik logo design does not fit as well

ebay has em for about 5$

dont get any other case. they are all overpriced and makes the phone more bulky.
    03-19-10 08:10 PM
    correction, its called the Epik Resin
    03-19-10 08:13 PM
    Convenience buttons are tough on resin though

03-19-10 08:26 PM
    I've got the Otterbox Commuter. While nothing is as sexy (yes, I said sexy lol) as the phone with no case, the Otterbox Commuter is slim, looks good still, and provides protection better then just a regular skin. Amazon has em for relatively cheap, or you can get them on CB
    03-19-10 08:35 PM
    check out the Incipio silicrylic also
    03-19-10 09:26 PM
    Case-mate barely there

03-19-10 09:28 PM
    I have the Otterbox commuter and IMHO its the best fitting, cleanest looking case while still providing a decent amount of protection... also comes with a screen protector.
    03-19-10 09:31 PM
    Just got my OtterBox Defender today and am loving it already. Can't stand the holster though. It doesn't keep my Bold in tight at all, but the hard and soft shell are doing just fine.
    03-19-10 09:54 PM
    Otterbox commuter hands down.
    03-19-10 10:33 PM
    I like a minimal case, but with maximum protection.
    03-19-10 10:35 PM
    i had a speck case for my 8310 curve. it's bulkier than most cases and makes typing a little harder on the outside edge buttons.
    03-19-10 10:45 PM
    My vote is for the Otterbox commuter as well. Its saved my phone a few times already and i would not have anything else on there.
    03-19-10 11:43 PM
    Otterbox Commuter case covers all of my needs. My husband has the otterbox defender on his iphone, but I think it's too bulky. The commuter is slick so it's easy to get out of your pocket, not bulky at all, nicely fits the phone, easy to push the convenience keys, all ports covered but easy to access. The only downfall is that it only comes in black for the 9700. I will be stocking up when they come out in different colors. I wouldn't have any other case.

03-20-10 12:14 AM
    Otterbox commuter
    03-20-10 12:24 AM
    Hey everyone, i really appreciate the comments. They are all so helpful. Though many of you have proposed the otterbox (both commuter/defender), i doubt i will be picking up one of those. I think they look tacky, and like a tank or something. Though, i must say, i do like the epik cases, since they are extremely cheap. It wouldn't be a bad idea to consider it, along with a screen protector.

Also, thanks much for the reported inconveniences with the speck case. That's true, i think all hard bulky cases would make typing annoying on the outside. Especially since the bold seems like it has the keys all jammed into a small section.

I think i'll go with either the invisishield or epik case. I probably wont decide for a few more dayss seeing as how indecisive i am, so i am still open to suggestions. Keep them coming! And thanks!
    03-20-10 02:18 AM
    Honestly, whats the point of a case? All it does is make your phone fat and ugly.

The phone's design is the real beauty, not a case.

If you screw up your body enough, just replace the body later on.
    03-20-10 07:26 AM
    Honestly, whats the point of a case? All it does is make your phone fat and ugly.

The phone's design is the real beauty, not a case.

If you screw up your body enough, just replace the body later on.
    This is exactly why I use an ultraslim sena pocket/pouch to carry it around in but when actually using the phone i just pull it out and use it without a case. I'm just careful and never really scratched up any phone i've owned.
    03-20-10 08:17 AM
    I understand your points in the fact that a case is indeed ugly. So there's two solutions to that problem that i see: 1) you get a nice looking case, or 2) no case. In which, i still believe i need some sort of wear and tear protection in which the sena case is nice, i have to admit. But even with the sena case, i'd feel uncomfortable placing it down on any surface. And i dont like taking my phone out of the case and putting ti back in everytime i set it on the table. I've been using the OEM pouch and its inconvenient. And so i think i've decided on a phantomskinz for my 9700. Not bulky, protective, and still retains the 9700's beautiful aesthetics. Win win situation.

You also asked why a case is necessary. It's true, you probably don't need a case, but i wouldn't want to end up replacing my phone's body. It's also pretty pricey, and scratched bodys just look ugly imo. I'd prefer the mentality of throwing it around and knowing that it wont be scratched, so that's why i want one. Point noted though. Thanks all.
    03-20-10 01:46 PM
    I like Body Glove cases.

03-20-10 02:07 PM
    I've got the Otterbox Commuter. While nothing is as sexy (yes, I said sexy lol) as the phone with no case, the Otterbox Commuter is slim, looks good still, and provides protection better then just a regular skin. Amazon has em for relatively cheap, or you can get them on CB
    Amen to that. Commuter case all the way.

03-20-10 02:15 PM
    I loved the epik resin until everytime I pressed any of the buttons on the sides I would get the screen to ripple and they were hard to press too.

I myself use an OtterBox commuter and my wife has a speck fitted

03-20-10 10:04 PM
    IMHO the Otterbox Commuter case is the best case out there for the 9700.

03-21-10 12:22 AM
    Just got the Otterbox COmmuter on Friday. Agree with what everyone else says about it. Great case. Got it on Amazon from 21 bucks. Had the same experience as a poster above mentioned with the OEM holster. Just a hassle when I don't have it on my belt and having to find some where to put the holster while i use the phone.
    03-21-10 12:43 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD