Does anyone know if they are any official car mounts for the Storm to be used as a GPS in the car. I know there are plenty of mounts that can be had but none of them seem to be appropriate for the Storm in the landscape mode. I am really interested in using the storm as a primary GPS unit.
    11-15-08 01:52 AM
    i'm planning to purchase a dock and mount that to the dash (or some other appropriate place.) i'll attach the charger to the rear and be good to go!
    11-15-08 01:56 AM
    thats what i plan on getting as well
    11-15-08 02:00 AM
    Maybe this will help

Garmin Phone/PDA Mount
    11-15-08 02:02 AM
    I had a very basic iPod cradle that is vent-mounted. my wife broke it so I went back to Best Buy and got another one. it was 19.99 and in the area of the car stereo dept, not the ipod section. this one is also vent-mounted but it can be turned sideways (it swivels) and can be adjusted to accommodate the storm based on specs and that it is advertised to fit iphone too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 03:38 AM
    I use this for my iPhone. it works great and it looks like it'll be wide enough for the Storm, which I can check on Friday. Its also very easy to install.
    Car Floor / Seat Bolt Mount and Cradle for Apple iPhone & Touch Fits 3G SM225-iPhone
    11-15-08 04:41 AM
    Yeah, anyone have any ideas how well the storm would like a vent mount? It's the ideal location in my car, but obviously it's a little warm there

I use this for my iPhone. it works great and it looks like it'll be wide enough for the Storm, which I can check on Friday. Its also very easy to install.
    Car Floor / Seat Bolt Mount and Cradle for Apple iPhone & Touch Fits 3G SM225-iPhone
    Car Floor / Seat Bolt Mount and CUSTOM Cradle for Blackberry Storm Bold 8800 8820 8830 Curve 8300 8310 8320 8330 Looks like a better choice for the storm, with the open sides

If you order from there, Cupon Code "HOHOHO" Gets you 10% off

They also have a Window and a Dash mount as well, check them out.
    Last edited by AngelDamien; 12-02-08 at 08:35 AM.
    12-02-08 08:28 AM

I would be very interested in this, but it looks like the right clip that holds it in place would constantly be pushing the camera sidekey, no?
    12-02-08 09:15 AM
    I would be very interested in this, but it looks like the right clip that holds it in place would constantly be pushing the camera sidekey, no?
    Check my link, same thing, but it's designed to clip the top/bottom on a bold/storm
    12-02-08 09:31 AM
    Here is one that I use. I hope it helps.

Universal Finger Grip Glare Shield Clamp Mount
    04-02-12 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD