I see a number of car mounts some visor, some windshield, some air vent, some lighter socket, some cup holder, some w/sandbag.. I already bought a universal mount and discovered that it interferes with the buttons and power socket. So I am in the market for a proper made for 9650 mount. I'd like one that either charges or allows a charger to be plugged in. I do not like windshield mounts and since I have 2 vehicles, I want the ability to move it from one to the other. I have decided on either:

cup holder mount
    power outlet mount

Questions, do the cup holder mounts "lock" in place? Also how do you keep the power outlet mounts from rotating (yes, I see there is a non-charging locking style, as well as a non-locking charging style)?
    08-19-10 10:53 AM
    Most cup holder mounts are "expandable" to accommodate different sized cup holders. The one I have uses a thumb wheel and when expanded fits very tightly. Mine has a goose-neck mount that is very stable and works great. One nice thing is the neck is easily removable.
    I like the mounts from Arkon as they work well and are versatile, the one I have is easily converted to hold my GPS unit. The actual holder for my 9650 is the same as for a curve and allows my BB to be charged while in the holder (a big plus).
    I usually buy at Amazon but see the attached link for Arkon's selections and information.

</title><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html
    08-19-10 11:24 AM
    I use a cup holder mount (bracketron) with a universal grip.

They have a screw that you tighten that expands to hold it in place.
    08-19-10 12:55 PM
    I see a number of car mounts some visor, some windshield, some air vent, some lighter socket, some cup holder, some w/sandbag.. I already bought a universal mount and discovered that it interferes with the buttons and power socket. So I am in the market for a proper made for 9650 mount. I'd like one that either charges or allows a charger to be plugged in. I do not like windshield mounts and since I have 2 vehicles, I want the ability to move it from one to the other. I have decided on either:

cup holder mount
    power outlet mount

Questions, do the cup holder mounts "lock" in place? Also how do you keep the power outlet mounts from rotating (yes, I see there is a non-charging locking style, as well as a non-locking charging style)?
    What you didn't tell us is what car you have.

That said, go to proclipusa and select your car. I'll give you various mounting options.
    08-19-10 01:34 PM
    This probably belongs in the accessories forum.
    08-19-10 03:43 PM

That said, go to proclipusa and select your car. I'll give you various mounting options.
    Proclipusa doesn't show the Bold 9650. It shows the Tour 9630, or the Bold 9700.
    08-19-10 03:43 PM
    is there a cigarette lighter car mount that actually charges the phone?? i saw the iGrip and its perfect except it doesn't charge...the one on the website posted in previous posts looks huge and bulky, maybe there is something like the iGrip?
    Last edited by RENEGADE3E; 08-19-10 at 06:23 PM.
    08-19-10 06:19 PM
    is there a cigarette lighter car mount that actually charges the phone?? i saw the iGrip and its perfect except it doesn't charge...the one on the website posted in previous posts looks huge and bulky, maybe there is something like the iGrip?
    yes, ebay quality...

Powered Car Mount & Charger - BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700 9650 - eBay (item 400136775584 end time Sep-13-10 12:01:22 PDT)
    08-20-10 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD