I just got a Defender case for my Pearl 8130 and needed a car cradle. Anyone know a good car cradle that will work with the Defender case? The phone is now bigger/wider with the case.
    Some cradle look like they will block the side buttons or even activate them.
    07-16-08 10:31 AM
    When I am in the defender case i use a standard bigger adjustable side cradle and just grip the case at the bottom below the buttons, this worked good for me since I also had my ipod touch under the bberry in teh same cradle and could access the music controls that way. I'll see if I can dig up a picture for ya.
    07-16-08 10:38 AM
    i was looking at the Extreme pda auto mount with the side grips. I was hoping that the side grips don't interfere with any buttons.
    07-16-08 10:11 PM
    Anyone know a good car cradle that will work with the Defender case?
    I use the holster. The clip is quite versatile. Find a spot, (one is my sun visor) clip on the holster and just turn the phone around. It won't slip out and all the buttons are accessible.
    07-16-08 10:27 PM
    good idea but i need to see the phone while I drive. ( truck driver).
    I want to use the nav prog. and be able to access the buttons at arms reach. I'm contemplating getting a side grip mount but don't know if the buttons will be accessible.
    Getting just the holster part of the Defender that I can mount would be great. I may call the company and see if I can just get that. The phone does stay in the holster backwards pretty good.
    07-17-08 11:08 AM
    These guys might have what you're looking for.

ProClip Mounting System - Choose Your Country

You may still be able to utilize your existing holster without having to purchase a second one and alter it.

Used them for my GPS. They've got various brackets and great dash or goose-neck ideas. I personally dislike vent mounts, but they're also available.
    07-18-08 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD