Im a bit protective of anything I own. I am looking at car chargers on ebay, do you agree than the VERIZON OEM's are a safer bet than this crap from china?

I refuse to pay verizon 30 dollars for the silly thing.

Or are ATT chargers just as safe, same voltage?
    12-16-08 09:50 PM
    i bought a tmo one because i've heard of people bending pins in the usb port when using the cheapo ones you find on ebay
    12-16-08 09:52 PM
    I picked up the VZW one as well ... the cheap desktop charger I got on eBay works well, but requires me to plug the device in backwards and upside down ... WTF?

I don't want to suggest there aren't some deals to be had, but if you are adamant that items work exactly as you expect, you should stick with the ones you know.
    12-16-08 09:55 PM
    The verizon one is decent.
    12-16-08 09:59 PM
    Verizon, at&t, tmobile they all oem blackberry chargers just a different privider with different prices. And if someone bent the usb prongs with a cheapo then they would of shoved the whole port threw the phone with a oem. Factory last longer and take more abuse than a cheap one but you buy 5 cheap ones to one factory. It is more preference. As long as my battery gets charged I'm fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 10:08 PM
    I use a Motorola car charger for my BlackBerry Curve.
    12-20-08 01:09 AM
    I have been using a charger that has several tips (BB, Moto, etc..)
    for quite a while now. The thing was $5 and it works flawlessly.
    Has not harmed either phone or either battery.
    12-20-08 01:11 AM
    search ebay for "curve car charger OEM" . you should be able to find one under $10
    12-20-08 01:21 AM
    I would stick with a quality OEM car charger, fried my Moto with a cheap charger. If you ***** enough about the $29.95 price of a VZW charger they will drop the price to $15 (they did for me anyway).
    12-20-08 02:59 AM
    Newegg gas Motorola charger for $8.99. Is the 9000 Bold charger the same as the one for the 8800?
    Last edited by Guru; 12-20-08 at 08:32 AM.
    12-20-08 08:19 AM
    My Fiancee bought a China charger, and the damn thing blew a 20 amp fuse in my truck. I think the fuse inside of the charger blew now, because it doesn't work at all after 2 weeks.

Stick with OEM, or go to Big Lots. No lie, the best car chargers I have ever had have come from Big Lots.
    12-20-08 09:22 AM
    I use one that I got from Griffin to power my iTrip iPod FM transmitter. It was pretty cheap and is just a car-to-USB adapter. I added a USB->mini-USB cable and viola, perfect. As long as the charger unit is USB compliant there should be no problems using any brand.
    12-20-08 09:28 AM
    I charge my pearl in the car using the cable that goes to my tomtom...works like a top!
    12-20-08 11:25 PM
    I bought an OEM *RIM Blackberry* over a year ago off Ebay for $ 7 shipped. I prefer to get oem over aftermarket junk.

Charlie
    12-21-08 01:23 AM
    I've had the Igo charger for about 3 years and had no problems.

It's convenient because I can swap the power tip and charge different gadgets - my wife's phone, ipod, nav.
    12-21-08 08:19 AM
    I've had luck with both OEM and eBay chargers in the past. The nice thing about the Verizon chargers is that they are warrantied for a year. If it breaks just bring it to a VZW store and they will warranty it out for a new one.
    12-21-08 11:02 AM
    I bought a cheap charger when I had a Voyager and when I would try to charge my phone it would say "charge complete" after like 3 minutes, no matter how low my phone was. I filnally went to VZW and bought one from there ($30) and it worked perfectly. The VZW rep told me that using that cheap charger could actually void my warranty because the voltages aren't regulated.
    12-21-08 11:10 AM
    Like Guru asked, will an 8800 charger work with the bold? I'd hate to blow anything up...
    12-23-08 01:03 PM
    It does. I looked it up on Blackberry's site. Same charger.
    12-23-08 08:02 PM
    i like OEM myself the voltage may not be right on non OEM blackberry chargers.
    12-24-08 06:23 AM
    I use the Igo charger and put the tip that's compatable with my curve on it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 07:38 AM
    I am waiting on a couple charging pods right now. Once I get them I am going to set one up in my car connected to a universal cradle.
    12-24-08 08:10 AM
    "Because I'm cheap" ... (most of the reason behind my insane rigging) ...

I'm currently using a regular USB cord with a car/plane power converter (DC-to-AC) in my commuting car.

If you have spare USB cables around you can just get the converter for less than $10 usually... you can even use the wall transformer in the provided 120v outlet if you don't have a spare cable (or buy one without the USB port).

Sure, it's DC-to-AC-to-DC, but I've been doing it for years without issue

As far as other car chargers and wall chargers, I've used everythign from those for a RAZR, a HTC Tilt, a BB7290, and a SideKick and they all work without issues.

-m
    12-24-08 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD