Hi, i own bold and jave
    and sometimes i need to use car charger cause i travel alot in my car,
    anyway i was thinking wheter i can use my other car charger with my blackberry device or not, cause javelin and bold uses different original blackberry car charger. 1 is mini USB an one is micro USB.

i have a car charger from my previous phone that's support any USB cables
    so i can use it for bold with the mini USB sync cable and javelin with with the micro USB sync cable. however i have a questions,
    i noticed that on the original bold and javelin wall charger, it says output 5V 500mah
    and on the car USB charger that i was going to use, it says 5V -+0.25V 1000mah

is it safe to use it ?
    from waht i know bigger mah lead to shorter charging time
    but i 'm also afraid if it can spoiled or burn my device or battery,
    so please guide me here,
    thank you very much.
    02-26-09 01:16 PM
    Hi, i own bold and jave
    and sometimes i need to use car charger cause i travel alot in my car,
    anyway i was thinking wheter i can use my other car charger with my blackberry device or not, cause javelin and bold uses different original blackberry car charger. 1 is mini USB an one is micro USB.

i have a car charger from my previous phone that's support any USB cables
    so i can use it for bold with the mini USB sync cable and javelin with with the micro USB sync cable. however i have a questions,
    i noticed that on the original bold and javelin wall charger, it says output 5V 500mah
    and on the car USB charger that i was going to use, it says 5V -+0.25V 1000mah

is it safe to use it ?
    from waht i know bigger mah lead to shorter charging time
    but i 'm also afraid if it can spoiled or burn my device or battery,
    so please guide me here,
    thank you very much.
    I do not believe a Li Ion battery will accept a charge from an incompatible charger. Part of the internal regulation.
    02-26-09 01:21 PM
    i've tried and it does charge
    question is : will it spoiled my devices ? or batteries ?
    02-26-09 01:29 PM
    I cannot tell you for sure it will not, but I thinkit won't be an issue. What I will say is check to see if the battery is getting hot during charge. If it hurts anything, it will be the battery and not the phone. I actually use an old car charger for a Razr.
    02-26-09 01:35 PM
    The *rating* is higher. IOW the 1000mA charger has the ability to provide a higher current than the 500mA charger, without problems. However the actual current drawn is controlled by the device being charged, so your phone will simply draw the same charging current as always. The charger will simply have more unused power in reserve.

The potentially hazardous situation is where the device being charged imposes a higher load than the charger's ability, and the charger is not well protected against overload.
    02-26-09 02:58 PM
    I have heard that car chargers are not that good for batteries. I don't know the technical side, its like the car chargers can't keep a steady flow of current... Not sure though. constant use of it may decrease the life of the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD