I'm using a Blackberry Torch

I've installed a BB desk charger on the dashboard of my compact GM SUV (intstall=stuck with two sided tape).

Because the charger holds the device in place in landscape, and has a micro USB plug, I haven't had any problems with it bouncing out of the charger. Its a great location for using the media player and GPS software.

Here is the problem. My car only has a low centre console mounted power outlet and the cord for any of my chargers isn't long enough to reach to plug in the desk charger.

Has anyone come across a micro-usb charger with a long cord, or an extension cord that might work for this?
    11-29-10 08:46 AM
    Wal*Mart sells a lighter plug extension, you'll find that in automotive. They are also found in auto parts stores, camping supply stores, Radio Shack, and most online stores that sell auto supplies. They come in coiled and non-coiled varieties.

Amazon.com sells them as little as $3.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 11-29-10 at 09:23 AM.
    slalom likes this.
    11-29-10 09:19 AM
    Amazon.com and eBay are great too!

Amazon.com: mini usb extension: Electronics
    slalom likes this.
    11-29-10 09:22 AM
    But, of course, a miniUSB extension will do the OP no good, since we are talking about a microUSB extension. .

Another alternative would be a USB car charger port and purchase a USB to microUSB cord of 6 or 9' length to take it where you want.

Last edited by BergerKing; 11-29-10 at 09:36 AM.
    slalom likes this.
    11-29-10 09:32 AM
    But, of course, a miniUSB extension will do the OP no good, since we are talking about a microUSB extension. .

Lol, my link is for Micro, dont know why it says mini... darn amazon.
    slalom likes this.
    11-29-10 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD