I recently purchased a car mount for my 8320, this one in fact:

wirelessground.com/bl8383cuhafr.html

Upon plugging my phone into it the charging icon turned on for about two or three seconds then turned off. The phone never did charge. The mount is also suppose to come with a hands-free speaker and mic but the the speaker is so quiet that it can't even be heard, even at maximum volume, unless the car is off. Even then its whisper quiet and barely audible.

Is there any trick that anyone knows about to make this work? The company wants me to return the device, they think its just defective. Anyone have any experience with this device or devices like it? Also, can anyone suggest a good car mount that actually works? All i ask of it is that it charges my phone as well as keeps it secured someplace.
    01-09-09 03:32 PM
    Is the mount made specifically for your BB? If not, check the chargers output rating and compare it to the BB's input rating. Make sure the voltage / amperage ratings are within the same limits.
    01-09-09 03:41 PM
    It says its rated specifially for the 8300 series of Blackberries but ****, that doesn't really mean anything. Some companies would stamp "Made for Blackberries" on a rock if they thought they could sell em. How do i check the input rating on my phone?
    01-09-09 03:48 PM
    Remove the battery and there should a sticker on the BB that tells you.
    It should read 5V / 700mA or something like that.
    01-09-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD