Has anyone used a generic mini USB car charger with a BlackBerry? We have several from our previous cells phones.
    09-08-08 03:38 PM
    I've used one. Bought one cheap on eBay to leave in my car, used it once I think. I never really need to. You just wondering if anyone has used it?
    I try not to use a car charger for anything, I realize RIM batteries are different, but still, I'm not taking a chance.
    09-08-08 03:56 PM
    Bought one for $5 at a Family Dollar store, been using it for months
    with no issues whatsoever.
    09-08-08 11:09 PM
    Got a generic one from bell, used it with both my 8703e and my Bold.... No issues with either.

Interestingly, that same charger will not charge my motorola H500 bluetooth headset, the LED lights up like it is charging it, but it doesnt
    Last edited by daedone; 09-08-08 at 11:22 PM.
    09-08-08 11:18 PM
    One of these days I need to tear one apart and see if it is just a standard charger or there is any circuits in them.
    09-09-08 06:37 AM
    I bought one from tescos due the Bolds weak battery life. Takes a while to charge from the car but worth the 10 i paid.
    09-09-08 10:39 AM
    Interestingly if you look at the wall charger for the Bold, its rated at 5v 700ma. Most USB ports are only rated at 500ma, so anything generic will probably take a little longer than a BB specific charger to complete the job too
    09-10-08 04:01 AM
    I had a Motorola car charger for the RAZR I owned before I upgraded to my Curve. I use that and it works just fine. Actually, the AT&T sales associate suggested I use the same one to save money. She said they were the same charger, they just had different manufacturers.
    09-10-08 08:01 PM
    Ive used car chargers that I found in a dumpster. I dont dumpster dive but I own a garbage company and well, you come across some great garbage sometimes.
    09-12-08 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD