Hi,

Looking to buy a car charger for my Storm 2, i was reading the thread in the storm 2 section about not using a charger specifically for the storm.... Not really sure where that thread went in regards to it being correct or false....

The offical Rim charger is about 15 in the UK although you can pick up other non offical ones for 2-3...

So what's the real deal ? I don't want to damage my phone or battery i don't mind spending 15 on the charger so long as it's going to be fine etc...

Thanks
    12-12-09 11:09 AM
    The thread you refer to was misinformed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using any USB charger with your Storm 2, as long as the connector physically fits your device. That said, car chargers are notoriously unreliable. One isn't likely to hurt your Storm, but they often don't work well.
    12-12-09 11:42 AM
    In what way do you mean they dont work well ?

I've got one for the other phone (different connection type ) and it works just dandy.
    12-12-09 12:08 PM
    They are often shoddily assembled from cheap components with wide variations in specifications. If you have one that's working, you probably have nothing to be concerned about.
    12-12-09 12:28 PM
    Ok, on that basis i would gather the official Blackberry charger would be OK then ?
    12-12-09 06:01 PM
    Ok, on that basis i would gather the official Blackberry charger would be OK then ?
    It is likely to be ok. I haven't have a problem with RIM-labeled chargers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 06:20 PM
    Hello again,

So i picked up a charger from Vodafone the other day, on the box it's shown as compatible with the storm 1 and some other handsets (box is dated 2005!)

I've tried it and it does charge my Storm 2 fine but im just concerned if it's the right one ?

The one i bought is:

BlackBerry]BlackBerry Accessories UK Store - Product Detail

But you can get this:

Which apparently differs from:

What is the difference between them all !?
    Last edited by JeffH; 12-15-09 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added links the member could not add
    12-15-09 03:04 PM
    The first and third items appear to differ only in the shape of the plug. They have 2-m coiled cords and miniUSB connectors. This connector is not compatible with the Storm 2's microUSB connector. The second item has a microUSB connector that is compatible with newer devices such as the Tour and Storm 2. I can't explain the disparity in prices.
    12-15-09 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD