Ok so someone told me you could get an OEM (what is this anyway?) car charger on ebay...I found one that is new for like four bucks that says it's OEM..but it says verizon on it...it says it's good for numerous BB models including my 8320...will this work? Is it legit..is it ok for my TMOBILE 8320? Thanks...Also where do they get the gel skins that say blackberry on the back? Are they offical OEM skins...do they have hot pink?
    03-06-09 08:31 PM
    OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. Verizon, for example. Any car charger with a mini-USB connector is supposed to work with any BlackBerry. Car chargers are notoriously unreliable, but it's unlikely to hurt your 8320. It may just not charge very well.
    03-06-09 08:36 PM
    The most important thing about chargers for your BB, whether it is a car or wall charger, is that it says 5V(olts) output. If it's not 5 volts, don't use it.
    03-06-09 08:42 PM
    True, but cheap chargers may not have a label. The mini-USB connector implies the USB standard 5VDC at 500mA.
    03-06-09 08:44 PM
    I got a backup OEM charger for a dollar or two a while back on Amazon.com and it works fine. My other charger is for a different phone and while it will work as Jeff said, it does not charge/hold as well.. So I personally stick to the OEM
    03-06-09 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD