Hey guys. I saw a car charger made specifically for the bold at best buy selling for $26. Wondering whether it's much difference if i were to get that or a generic car charger that sells for a lot cheaper. Anything you guys have in mind?
    01-24-09 09:05 PM
    Hey guys. I saw a car charger made specifically for the bold at best buy selling for $26. Wondering whether it's much difference if i were to get that or a generic car charger that sells for a lot cheaper. Anything you guys have in mind?
    thats a rip off. best buy is notorious from over priced items. if you use ebay, type OEM Bold Car Charger and you will find them for half price.
    01-24-09 09:20 PM
    I never use car chargers. It's good for emergencies, but people get into the habbit of plugging their phone in everytime they get in the car. This is battery suicide. Car chargers don't regulate the voltage near as well as wall/pc chargers, and causes undue stress on the battery.It's almost like a kid driving their daddy's new sports car... They are grinding the gears and running th engine over redline. It's just not good for the battery.
    01-25-09 08:11 AM
    can anyone advise if using the old charger from a razr, or en2 on my new storm is going to kill my battery? they both have the same mini usb port.
    01-26-09 06:38 PM
    I agree...go OEM sear0hing on ebay?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 06:51 PM
    can anyone advise if using the old charger from a razr, or en2 on my new storm is going to kill my battery? they both have the same mini usb port.
    Mini usb...on a storm??? Mine is Micro usb, and I know that the EnV2 is Micro as well, but the razr is mini...but either way if you have a micro usb charger it should work just fine in your storm.
    01-26-09 06:51 PM
    You Are Correct I Was Talking About A Micro Usb Not A Mini, But Aside From The Size Of The Plug, Do All Chargers Put Out The Same Juice Including Car Chargers, How Delicate Is The Storms Battery, Also Will I Ruin The Batteryif I Do Not Unplug My Storm As Soon As It Is Fully Chaged?
    01-26-09 08:42 PM
    You Are Correct I Was Talking About A Micro Usb Not A Mini, But Aside From The Size Of The Plug, Do All Chargers Put Out The Same Juice Including Car Chargers, How Delicate Is The Storms Battery, Also Will I Ruin The Batteryif I Do Not Unplug My Storm As Soon As It Is Fully Chaged?
    K I'm not an expert, but as far as I know as long as it's a good charger it should be fine. And it depends on who you talk to on weather or not leaving it overnight will hurt the battery. They are Lithium Ion batteries, so supposedly they don't get a "memory" to them, and a charger should have a regulator built into it, so it shouldn't overcharge the battery...although, like I said, some people swear that it does hurt, and some people swear that it doesn't. My last phone (lg dumb phone) I had for 3 years, and charged it overnight damn near every night, and when I upgraded to my storm it still lasted 3 days on a charge, on the original battery, and actually we use the phone a lot now as a loaner phone at the VSW store I work at, so I see nothing wrong with charging overnight, but again...depends on who you talk to.
    01-26-09 09:08 PM
    The regulator is in the battery, they are smart li-ons. As long as the voltage is not over 5V, you are fine.
    01-26-09 09:14 PM
    I think mine was $8 shipped from Newegg. IT was an actual RIMM charger
    01-26-09 09:25 PM
    Thank You Everyone For Your Help This Is My First Bb And It Is A Little Scary Considering I Never Saw A Entire Web Site With Hundreds Of Forums For My Last Lg Phone
    01-26-09 09:33 PM
    Generic on ebay for $3!!!!!!!!!! In fact, I'd be willing to be bet it's the same charger, but Best Buy slaps a brand name sticker on it. You're a fool if you spend more than $10 for a charger!
    01-26-09 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD