01-23-09 03:46 PM
49 12
tools
    OK, when I used to connect my Storm to my mac, my mac would recognize both the device memory and the memory card, and mount both disks on my desktop.

Now it only mounts the memory card, which is really all I use anyway. BUT... it's bugging me that it's not mounting the device memory.

I reformatted the device memory, and I did a soft reset (using that reset app).

Still won't mount on my mac.

However, this started happening around the time that I updated my mac to Leopard 10.5.6. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Oh, and all the settings for enabling mass storage are enabled and haven't been changed.

I checked how both the device memory and memory card were formatted. The device memory is FAT, and the memory card is FAT32. From the little that I know, the mac should read and write to both.

I haven't tried reformatting the device memory to FAT32, but I may do it later for kicks. Even considered a wipe, but really... a wipe?

When I connect the Storm to my Windows Vista partition it can mount both just fine.

Anyways... my question is... what do you guys think? Any mac users who upgraded to Leopard 10.5.6 with the same problem?

BTW, I'm still on my first Storm since 12/5/08.
    I can't wait for the Storm II (upgrade model, not a replacement for the current one).
    12-16-08 01:06 PM
    same here.... Mine wont mount all the sudden.
    12-16-08 01:38 PM
    have you tried using Pocketmac? I feel it works better than just dragging stuff to the device.
    12-16-08 01:41 PM
    I've tried Pocketmac just once, and it ended up syncing the music I wanted to the device memory. But I think that now since it can't mount the device memory, it'll just sync my playlists with the memory card, which is OK.

I haven't used Pocketmac for the other things on my Storm, although I used to when I had my curve, and it was hit or miss.

Since I don't use my Storm for work, it's not a big deal.
    12-16-08 01:59 PM
    i'm running into the same problem. i've got pics store on my device memory and cant get them to my mac. missing sync only transfers over stuff on my memory card.

and only memory card mounts but the other mounted before i updated leopard as well
    12-16-08 09:48 PM
    Same here. I think it has to do with the update to 10.5.6. I cannot access my device memory BLACKBERRY1 on the Mac anymore. I have to use my bro's PC. I dont see a fix for this coming anytime soon since it is on Apples end
    12-23-08 01:51 AM
    let me run the 10.5.6 update and i'll get back to you
    12-23-08 01:56 AM
    i'm now having this problem
    12-23-08 02:12 AM
    Don you use vmware to access dm right...

Open fusion and plug in your storm ....does you vm recognize both the device and sd memory?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 02:18 AM
    i'm now having this problem
    Yeah, it sucks, dude. This is gonna have to be fixed by Apple, most likely.
    12-23-08 02:19 AM
    Don you use vmware to access dm right...

Open fusion and plug in your storm ....does you vm recognize both the device and sd memory?

i use a PC to run DM and the PC recognizes it just fine...

10.5.5 recognized it fine, but i just updated to 10.5.6 and it no longer recognizes blackberry 1
    12-23-08 02:23 AM
    10.5.6 screwed up alot of stuff

their tech support will even tell you they are getting a ton of calls on it

if you have time machine you can go back to the day before you updated if you wont lose anything bad ( data wise ) you could always just transfer any files youd lose to another external drive.. or your bb SD card
    Yeah, it sucks, dude. This is gonna have to be fixed by Apple, most likely.
    Yeh.. can't wait for that...
    10.5.6 screwed up alot of stuff

their tech support will even tell you they are getting a ton of calls on it
    Wait, on 10.5.6 in general or about the Blackberry failing to mount?
    12-23-08 02:24 AM
    unfortunately, i dont have time machine set up because i back up all vital stuff on an external back up drive
    12-23-08 02:25 AM
    i use a PC to run DM and the PC recognizes it just fine...

10.5.5 recognized it fine, but i just updated to 10.5.6 and it no longer recognizes blackberry 1

Well I'm wondering since its probably a driver issue with the leopard update if the native mac usb drivers would affect the ability to access bb1 (drive F) in a VM I would think not as the vm runs its own independent usb drivers

Correct? ...if anyone who has already updated can test this it would be awesome as I have not updated my Mac os and really don't care to atm if by doing so I will not be able to access my bb's dev mem

12-23-08 02:30 AM
    apparently a lot of people are having this problem...

Apple - Support - Discussions - 10.5.6 update - NO access to some ...
    12-23-08 02:31 AM
    apparently a lot of people are having this problem...

Apple - Support - Discussions - 10.5.6 update - NO access to some ...
    Hmmm...this seems to be serious. I hope Apple fixes this sooner rather than later.
    12-23-08 02:34 AM
    they better fix this soon...guh...better test my other USB devices...
    12-23-08 02:40 AM
    anyone find a fix for this?
    12-23-08 11:15 AM
    Not yet, but I did get a ticket # from apple. All my other USB devices seem to be working just fine. That is the only problem I have run into. The update actually fixed more than it broke so I am quite happy with it.
    12-23-08 11:19 AM
    It seems to be a big problem so I think Apple will send out a speedy patch for it. They are usually good with stuff like that.
    12-23-08 11:20 AM
    i just read a permissions repair may fix it...running it now and will let you know the results
    12-23-08 11:37 AM
    It seems to be a big problem so I think Apple will send out a speedy patch for it. They are usually good with stuff like that.
    I will agree they are quite speedy for new updates. Hence the reason I own 4 of them!
    12-23-08 11:46 AM
    i just read a permissions repair may fix it...running it now and will let you know the results
    Running it now as well.....
    12-23-08 11:47 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD