My phone gets warm to quite warm when I use it a lot in one sitting. I'm wondering if the silicon skin on my 8900 will act as an insulator and damage the phone by keeping the heat in and not allowing the phone to cool at room temperature.
    06-25-09 05:08 PM
    Mine is normally cool to the touch... or at least I've never felt it if it ever was warm... and I have a silicone skin on it 24x7.

Sounds like you might have a bad battery.
    06-25-09 05:20 PM
    Mine is normally cool to the touch... or at least I've never felt it if it ever was warm... and I have a silicone skin on it 24x7.

Sounds like you might have a bad battery.
    It's quite cool to the touch right now but when I use it a lot it starts to get fairly warm. I've also noticed this on my iPod Touch and some other handheld units I've had -- that they get fairly warm while being used. I'm wondering if a skin or some other kind of case will insulate the phone, keeping the heat in, and cause the phone to over heat and cause damage to the inside of the unit.
    06-25-09 06:00 PM
    My phone gets warm to quite warm when I use it a lot in one sitting. I'm wondering if the silicon skin on my 8900 will act as an insulator and damage the phone by keeping the heat in and not allowing the phone to cool at room temperature.
    In a word: No. My phone isn't warm at all (unless it's in my AZ car).
    06-25-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD