I'm not sure this is the right forum, but couldn't find a more appropriate one:
    The AC charger for the Kindle 2 seems to have the same USB type plug as my Storm, so can the chargers be used interchangeably to charge either device? Sounds like its obvious, but before I fry one of them I wanted to know if somebody had a definite answer to this.
    Thanks!
    02-07-10 03:18 PM
    If it is a standard USB, then yes. If the Kindle uses a proprietary connector, then no. Look at the plug carefully, and if it is exactly like the charger for your Storm, then you can use it.
    02-07-10 03:24 PM
    The Kindle AC charger seems to be a USB cable with the Storm-type USB connector on one end, which plugs to a small AC adapter with a regular USB connector on the other end. Using only the cable, I connected my Storm to my laptop's USB's port and it works fine: charges and transfers data. Seems like a pretty safe bet that I could plug the cable to the AC adapter thingy.... any reason not to?
    02-07-10 04:20 PM
    I forgot to bring my Kindle charger on a trip but I did bring my Storm 2 charger. And guess what it works!

The only difference probably is the voltage and the time it takes to charge the kindle.
    06-25-10 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD